Our International Work
Several of our diverse on-going projects aim to make a difference to the less fortunate individuals and communities internationally.
Club members please log in for more information.
Helping with emergency relief
- including donations of 'Shelterboxes' to earthquake and flood disaster areas, often following street collections around Sudbury
Enabling ‘Third-World’ Projects
- donations of small amounts of money through 'Lend-with-Care' to groups and individuals to promote their independence
- Purple Crocuses in support of Polio Eradication – planting crocuses to provide a colourful environment in schools and around the town and to raise awareness of Rotary’s on-going campaign to eradicate polio. The purple colour replicates the colour of the dye used to show that a child has been immunised
Specific projects – examples include
- Sarenga (West Bengal) - supporting the local hospital (project now concluded)
- Beirut - help for street-children through the 'Home of Hope' (project now concluded)