HOW TO COLLECT SPONSORSHIP to support breast cancer research
“Walk The Wye” is a sponsored walking event which is raising funds for charity. The total amount raised by this event will be split, with 75% going to support breast cancer research at the Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff, and the remaining 25% going to other charitable causes supported by the Rotary Clubs of Monmouth, Chepstow and Ross on Wye.
Your entry fee only contributes towards the organisational costs (printing, promotion, safety cover etc) of our Walk The Wye event.
We ask that all participants raise sponsorship money in support of breast cancer research.
If you already have an account with Virgin Money Giving
Click Here to go to the Walk the Wye 2021 sponsorship page, shown below.
Click on "Start Fundraising" to log in to your Virgin Money Giving account to set up your fundraising sponsorship page for friends and colleagues to sponsor you Online.
If you do not have an account with Virgin Money Giving
Click Here to go to the page shown above
Click on start fundraising and enter your email address to register with Virgin Money Giving
Just follow the online instructions to set up your account and
Then create your sponsorship page and circulate to your friends
You can click HERE to download detailed instructions about how to register and set up a page.
If you do not want to register a sponsorship page you can still ask your friends to donate to the Rotary Club of Monmouth Trust Fund through Virgin Money by copying this link Walk the Wye into your social media post.
Your friends will be able to make a donation to support the event by following the "Make a donation" link on the page illustrated above.
Alternatively, we will be sending a hard copy sponsorship form to every entrant.
There is no minimum sponsorship target for each participant, but if every walker raises even a small amount of sponsorship, it will add up to a very significant sum for breast cancer research.
We can increase the amount that you receive in sponsorship by 25% by claiming GIFT AID from HMRC, at no cost to yourself, or the people who sponsor you, provided that they are UK income tax payers.
To enable us to claim the GIFT AID, please tick the box on the Online page, or enter the first name, surname, and home address, details of eligible sponsors, on the hard copy sponsorship form. Tick the “GIFT AID” box, and send the form to “Walk The Wye” Secretary, Pete Walters, 1, Beech Road, Monmouth NP25 5EJ, with your total sponsorship money.
If you would like an extra sponsorship form, please telephone Pete Walters on 01600 773257.
HOW TO PAY IN THE SPONSORSHIP MONEY THAT YOU COLLECT
Your sponsorship can be paid via bank transfer. The “Walk The Wye” bank account details are:
Sort Code 30 95 71
Account Number 13419568
Please put your walker number in as reference
Alternatively, please send a cheque payable to Monmouth Rotary Club, and your completed Sponsorship Form, to “Walk The Wye” Secretary, Pete Walters, 1, Beech Road, Monmouth NP25 5EJ after collecting donations from your sponsors. We can then claim the eligible Gift Aid from HMRC, at no cost to yourself or your sponsors.
If you prefer, you may hand your sponsorship in at Registration on the day, along with your Sponsorship Form.
Please make all cheques payable to Monmouth Rotary Club
more I would have had 4 months to live...”
more There are 4 circular walks to choose from, with various distances as shown below. Please enter online by Friday 14th May or by post before May 13th. Due to Covid restrictions, entries cannot be accepted on the day.
more Please read route details on the "Walk the Wye for Breast Cancer Research" page, before entering. Please enter online by Friday 14th May or no later than May 13th by post. Due to Covid restrictions, entries cannot be accepted on the day.
more Following receipt of your entry, we will send you a Walkers Information Pack by post. The pack will contain your Entry Acknowledgement Letter, a Unique Walker Number, a Wrist Band to be worn on the day of the walk, and a Sponsorship Form
more Please bring protective clothing in case it rains and ensure that dogs are kept on a lead when passing through fields of sheep and cattle.
more Remember mobile phone coverage in the Wye Valley is often poor. Emergency contact number on the day 07748 853 328
more The Velindre breast cancer centre manages an active, extensive and award winning programme of research into a wide variety of cancers.
back This year's walk is on May 16th 2021 details are in the "related" pages or follow the links below Thank you everyone who participated last year some of the photos are here