The Rotary Stars Citizenship Award is an annual scheme giving the opportunity to recognise and reward primary school age children for acts of good citizenship.
Awards, comprising a personal certificate of achievement, a book token and a lapel badge, are made annually to children, selected by their teachers and head teacher.
The children have demonstrated or performed an act of community service such as helping or supporting others, their school, their community, the environment, etc. In effect they will be demonstrating Rotary’s ideal of ‘Service above Self’.
The Rotary Stars project is open and suitable for all children irrespective of age, talent, or academic ability. It is all down to personal achievement with no competition element.
This year, the following schools nominated a student for the award. The recipients were thrilled to recieve the recognition and the book token!
- Gaddesby Primary School
- Long Clawson Church of England Primary School
- Scalford Church of England Primary School
- Asfordby Hill Primary School
- Swallowdale Primary School
- Great Dalby School
- Frisby Church of England Primary School
- Old Dalby Church of England Primary School
- Ab Kettleby School
- Somerby Primary School
- Queniborough C.W Primary School