How to raise sponsorship for Breast Cancer Research

Each entrant will be sent a sponsorship form to circulate to friends who would like to sponsor them.


75% of monies raised will be donated to the Velindre breast cancer research team. The remaining 25% will fund other charitable causes supported by Rotary.
Monmouth Rotary Club has registered with GOFUNDME to enable “Walk The Wye” entrants and supporters to make ONLINE donations.
GOFUNDME works in a similar way to JUST GIVING, but takes less of your donation in administration costs. 
Each entrant can create a GOFUNDME ONLINE sponsorship page.
Please follow these instructions to set up your GOFUNDME ONLINE page. Then share your page with friends who wish to support you.

  • Click on this link or Enter Gofundme.com into your browser 
  • Click on Start a GoFundMe
  • Enter your country & your Post Code
  • Click on your Post Code
  • Before clicking “continue” scroll down the page and choose the “Community”  category. Then click on “continue”
  • Scroll down the next page and click on “Charity”
  • Enter 515576 in the “Search for a Charity box”
  • Click on Rotary Club of Monmouth and then “continue”
  • Set your Fundraiser target. Click on “continue”
  • Enter your name and email address and create a password.
  • Enter your mobile number and choose how you would like to receive messages.
  • Click on “Send Code”
  • Enter the code in the verification box.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your page
  • You will be asked to create a story. We suggest the following text.
    • Do you want to join me in making a difference? I am raising money in aid of the breast cancer research team at Velindre, Cardiff. I am taking part in the WALK THE WYE sponsored walk event on Sunday 14th May, which is organised by the Rotary Club of Monmouth. Every donation will help.
    • Thank you very much in advance for your contribution. It’s a cause that means so much to me.
  • You will be given a URL link when you complete your page. Please give this link to your friends and invite them to sponsor you, 
  • Donations can be made through any debit or credit card or PAYPAL
 

Add 25% to your donation - claim Gift Aid 

We can increase the amount that you receive in sponsorship by 25% by claiming GIFT AID from HMRC, at no cost to yourself, or the people who sponsor you, provided that they are UK income tax payers.

To enable us to claim the GIFT AID, please tick the box on the Online page, or enter the first name, surname,  and home address, details of eligible sponsors, on the hard copy sponsorship form. Tick the “GIFT AID” box

 

How to make an individual donation

  • Although you may not be able to take part in Walk The Wye, you can make a donation in support of the breast cancer research team at Velindre.

  • Click here or Enter the following link into your browser https://gofund.me/7ecb5ddb

  • Click on “Donate Now”, and follow the onscreen instructions.

  • Donations can be made through any debit card, credit card or PAYPAL.

 

For information about the walker's information pack click here

More Information

Outline of Five walks

Entry Forms

Walkers Information Pack

Important Information

Contact Details

Why support Walk the Wye for Breast Cancer Research

Related pages...

Outline of the five walks for 2023

more "Walk The Wye" is an annual Rotary Club sponsored walk, in the Monmouth area of the Wye valley, and organised by the Rotary clubs of Monmouth, Chepstow and Ross on Wye.

Entry Form Page

more Please read route details on the "Outline of the Five Walks" page, before entering. Please enter online by Friday 12th May OR enter by POST by May 11th.

Walk The Wye

more Walkers Information Pack

Walk the Wye

more Additional Important Information

The Velindre Cancer Centre, Cardiff

more The Velindre breast cancer centre manages an active, extensive and award winning programme of research into a wide variety of cancers.

Walk the Wye - 2023

more About Rotary

Contact Us

more Remember mobile phone coverage in the Wye Valley is often poor. Emergency contact number on the day 07748 853 328

Patricia's group

Why support Walk the Wye - Stories

more I would have had 4 months to live...”

back to page above this...

Walk the Wye 2023 - Introduction

back "Walk The Wye" is an annual sponsored walk, in the Monmouth area of Wye valley raising funds for Breast Cancer Research organised by the Rotary clubs of Monmouth, Chepstow and Ross on Wye