Publications from clubs around Rotary district 1190
Rotary Club Bulletins
Previous winners of the District Club Bulletin Competition are Padiham (2016-2017), Kendal (2015-2016), Fleetwood (2014-2015), Kendal (2013-2014), Ulverston (2012-2013) and Furness (2011-2012).
Bulletins come in all shapes and sizes from single A4 sheets without colour to multi-page, full colour jobs, some published weekly, fortnightly or monthly and others on a quarterly basis.
All are eligible to enter, and have an equal chance of winning the District 1190 Club Bulletin Competition, with the trophy being presented at the District Conference in Grange over Sands.
The most important element on which the winner is selected is content and a little bit of humour will not be out of place.
Judges will be looking for some or all of these elements:
- Stimulating member interest in Rotary
- Communicating club information, particularly to members who are absent
- Good use of photos and images
- Information from committees
- Providing all members with information about RI and Rotary GB&I
- Encouraging increased participation by members
- Serving as a chronicle and archive of the life of the club
If your club produces a bulletin please register your entry with Ian McTurk, (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) Chairman of the District Membership & PI Team by 11th December 2018.
Entries close 31st January 2019. Send 2 copies (only 1 copy is necessary if you are sending an electronic version) each of 3 bulletins produced since 1st July 2018.
NOTE: The winning entry will be offered a 5 min presentation slot at the District Conference in March at Grange over Sands.