Rotarians Eliminating Malaria
A Rotarian Action Group
Rotarians Eliminating Malaria a Rotarian Action Group (REMaRAG)
Purpose of the Action Group
Its purpose is to acquaint Rotarians, groups of Rotarians, Rotaractors and spouses interested in the malaria problem with one another to promote and increase control of malaria. In addition, the Rotarians Eliminating Malaria a Rotarian Action Group (hereafter REMaRAG) promotes fellowship, understanding and acquaintance of Rotarians & Rotaractors worldwide with the larger world of individuals, groups, governments and institutions who share a common interest in malaria control. Finally, REMaRAG seeks to enhance the effectiveness of models for delivering aid to survival efforts.
The ultimate goal is to eliminate malaria from the face of the earth. The intermediate goal is to reduce malaria morbidity and mortality in each country quickly and efficiently through provision of goods, education and other interventions that lower malaria, thus to set the stage for rapid dissemination of the eventual malaria vaccine.
REMaRAG builds on the relationships, reputation and infrastructure created for the PolioPlus campaigns, known now as The Rotary Model, being used to control vaccinable diseases worldwide.
- To develop and promote worldwide cooperation on malaria control
- To connect people interested in malaria control with appropriate projects
- To develop projects for Rotarians and others to contribute to with actions and money
- To enhance the impacts of partnerships and groups
- To promote international understanding and peace