Sites named for Emergency Lifesaving Equipment
15 Defibrillators purchased and installed by D1260 Rotary in Beds, Bucks & Herts.
Rotary D1260 is purchasing 15 Community Public Access Defibrillators to be installed in local communities in Beds, Bucks and Herts. Our Legacy to the Centenary of the Rotary Foundation
Thanks to a Rotary Foundation Global Grant (£27,700) District 1260 is able to provide 15 defibrillators and Stainless Steel Cabinets, for installation within the District. The cost of installation is included and each community receiving a unit will benefit from a comprehensive awareness training session. The training sessions will not only explain how to use the defibrillator but also dispel some of the myths about their use. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training will be provided too. The defibrillators will be key-locked for security, with access given by Ambulance Services Control only on receipt of a 999 call.
The project is supported by the national defibrillator charity Community Heartbeat Trust, (CHT). Their strength is governance and making sure the project is done properly. They have recently been accepted by Rotary GB&I as a company with which it is safe to do business. More will be heard about that at the forthcoming Regional Assemblies.
We thank Rotarian Don Stiles, District Foundation Chair, D5950 Minnesota, and President, Jeff Potts, and members of the Rotary Club of Bloomington, Minneapolis for providing the 30% finance from outside the country necessary to complete the Global Grant
Units offered to:
- Stotfold Community Centre - Baldock Rotary Club
- Luton North Rotary Club - Luton Bury Park Community Centre
- Bedford Rotary Club - Bedford Rowing Club Pavilion
- Bedford Castle Rotary Club - Wixams Village Community Hall.
- Milton Keynes Rotary Club - Milton Keynes Main Line Train Station
- Buckingham Rotary Club - Badgers Estate, Buckingham
- Amersham Rotary Club - Little Chalfont Community Centre
- Wolverton and Stony Stratford Rotary Club - Stony Stratford, site to be decided
- Hatfield Rotary Club - Jim McDonald Centre
- Harpenden Village Rotary Club - Redbourn Methodist Church
- Hitchin Priory Rotary Club - Sun Hotel, Hitchin
- St Albans Priory Rotary Club - St Peter’s Church, St Peters Street
- Hemel Hempstead Rotary Club - Community Centre
- Stevenage Rotary Club - Collier’s End Phone Box
- Rickmansworth Rotary Club - Community Building
More details for the Clubs involved will be published shortly but we trust as many Clubs as possible l become involved, especially when a training seminar is in the area.
Paul Denton PDG
Primary Contact, Host Partner GG1744888
Chair, D1260 Foundation Global Grants Committee