Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RIBI) Rotary Club Of Cowbridge District 1150
Privacy Notice to Individual Members
1. Rotary International District 1150 Rotary Club of Cowbridge (“we” i.e. Rotary Club of Cowbridge) promise to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share with us, or that we have access to through Rotary International, RIBI or other agency to keep it safe, and we will always take every effort to protect your privacy.
2. District 1150 Rotary Club of Cowbridgealso acknowledge District 1150 Privacy Notice and the RIBI Privacy Notice and accept these as part of this document where appropriate.
3. It is expected that club officers and other Rotarians acting under direction on behalf of District 1150 Rotary Club of Cowbridge may also process members’ and other persons related to Rotary personal data, they too will be bound by this privacy notice.
We collect information in the following ways:
4. When you give it to us DIRECTLY There are many ways you may give us your information. For example, when you join as a member, or communicate with us by means such as, although not exclusively, email or in person. We are responsible for your data at all times.
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example sites like Virgin Money Giving. These independent third parties will only share your information when you have consented. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information.
Via Social Media This will depend on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook. You might give us permission to access information from those accounts.
Via information available publicly This may include information found in places such aswebsites, Companies House and information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
Cookies Like most websites, we may use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device. The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser or other settings.
5. We may use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our websites by generating statistical and other information.
6. Details captured during your visit to our websites will include, but are not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources you access. However, all data collected is anonymous and will not identify you as an individual.
7. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
8. What personal information we collect and how we use it
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of data that we need to in relation to your membership, donation, communication or services we provide to you and we promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually collect is the minimum required to carry out the purpose of the data collection stipulated by the data controller.
9. How we will use your data
We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core business activities, these will include:
· Administer your membership or donation, including processing Gift Aid
· Provide you with the services, products or information you have requested.
· Providing services, products, guidance or information to clubs for their general activities, including Disclosure and Barring Service checks
· Communicating organisational messages and information to members and club officers
· Facilitate conference, training seminars, meetings and other special events planning.
· Supporting Rotary members magazines
· Supporting The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom
· Providing information and updates to Members and club officers on Rotary programmes and service projects
· Preparation of Rotary Club of Cowbridge handbooks
· Identifying candidates for Presidential and Foundation appointments to conferences.
· Appointments to committees, club offices and other assignments within the Rotary Club of Cowbridge
· To present our website and its contents to you and to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
· Keep a record of your relationship with us
· Understand how we can improve our services, products or information
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
· For any other purposes with your consent
10. Sensitive information
We will endeavour not to collect any personal information on individuals to whom we provide a service classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR, (Thinking of medical forms for competitors at the Disabled Sports, etc.) and collect data only absolutely necessary to carry out a service that you have requested and is in your best interest.
11. Interact, Rotakids and under 18’s data
We do not collect information from under 18’s. Exceptions will be identified and currently are Interact and Rotakids clubs that are managed through an identified Rotarian contact who will follow the requirements of this Policy.
13. Data Sharing
1) Our service/host providers
In the course of our legitimate business activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to third parties that provide us with services or host our applications/software that you may access, for instance:
· Banking organisations – those that provide our banking/payment services
· Financial audit companies for the purpose of auditing the Rotary Club of Cowbridge’s Finances
· Magazine publishers and distribution providers
· Heart Internet – RIBI Template database, Data Management System (DMS) and rotarygbi.org secure hosting service provider
· HMRC – for Gift Aid, tax and employment details
· HROC – website development and support provider
· Rotary International/Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland
We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant
to GDPR, are in place before sharing your data with,
or giving access to your data to
of our service/host providers.
2) Sharing within the Rotary organisation
The Rotary organisation is made up of Rotary International, The Rotary Foundation (TRF), Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland, the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust.
When you give information to us it may be shared within the wider organisation to facilitate your membership or donations and to provide the service afforded to you as part of that membership/donation. We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing your data within the wider organisation.
Rotary Club of Cowbridge is a data processor for some of your personal information associated with your membership and will process your data in accordance with this and RIBI privacy notice. Clubs that collect personal data for their individual club activities are independent data controllers. This means they are legally responsible for protecting your data under GDPR legislation.
3) Sharing with third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
14. How we keep your information safe and who has access to it
We will ensure that where a Rotary Club of Cowbridge officer holds legitimate data outside the Rotary Data tools (e.g. DMS) there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example, confidential paper records are securely stored, virus and other security software is in place and updated. Confidential paper waste is shredded.
15. Whoever holds data outside the DMS within the Rotary Club of Cowbridge should undertake regular reviews to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by the Rotary members and our service/host providers securely and only for the purpose collected and destroyed once the data has reached its planned time of use or kept for the minimum time required under legal requirement e.g. youth data until, currently, three years after the age of 18.
16. We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, including the ICO and where feasible we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
17. Where we store your information
We will endeavour to store data securely on web-server hosts with appropriate passwords, encryption, internet and virus security including backups.
18. How long we retain your information and how we keep it up to date
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you and within the time specified in the Data collection plan set up by the Data Controller. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely; financial records must be kept for 7 years; information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event; youth data up to three years after adulthood. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
19. Individual members are responsible for keeping their own personal data up to date and have access to the RIBI Data Management System (DMS) or My Rotary on the RIBI website for this purpose. In addition, where necessary, we will keep your information accurate and up-to-date.
20. Your rights
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
21. In certain situations, these rights may not apply, for example if you are a valid member we will need to communicate with you about your membership and those services afforded to you as part of that membership. You are a member of the Rotary Club of Cowbridge office and we mayneed to communicate with you in relation to that membership, in which case you will not be able to unsubscribe from these communications. This condition is covered by the “Legitimate Interest” provisions of the GDPR.
22. We collect and process your personal data through legitimate interests or because you have provided it to us to enable us to deliver a service to you. We will only process your personal data as you would reasonablyexpect us to. You can opt out of our general member mailings at any time.
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, contact details below.
23. Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on the Rotary Club of Cowbridge website or by notifying you directly.
24. Our contact details
Use the GDPR tab on our contact page - http://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/contact.php?ClubID=924
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please firstly contact the Cowbridge Rotary Club as above.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Rotary International Rotary Club of Cowbridge District 1150
This document was last reviewed and updated 4th July 2018