The Club meets every Monday at 12.45 for 1.00pm
at Reids (formerly the Ivory Rooms), Laindon Rd. Billericay
We’re a small, friendly club of enthusiastic and active volunteers who want to enjoy ourselves and give our time and talents to help others both locally and overseas.
The Rotary motto is “Service above Self”, and we are people from all walks of life who share a common interest in helping others.
Please click below for the latest edition of our Newsletter
If you would like to read the latest news about our Rotary Club as published in the Billericay and Wickford Gazette, then please click on the image above.
We operate a charity - The Rotary Club of Billericay Benevolent Fund (Reg. No. 292276) and support many activities both locally, nationally and internationally. If you are willing to help us by making a donation please click on the donation button below.
Over the last 12 months we have made major donations to support local charities and organizations in need.
- Made charitable donations to 36 charities totalling over £30,000 including £6,000 to Hope and Homes for Children, £5,000 to Medecins sans Frontieres, £5,000 to Little Havens Children's Hospice, £4,480 to Quilters Junior School, £1,500 to Rotary Foundation, over £700 to Mary's Meals, over £600 to Kids Out, and just under £600 to each of ShelterBox and Chernobyl Children's Child Line, and £500 to UK Flood Appeal. While at the same time donating $2,000 to Rotary International’s End Polio campaign.
Supported multiple initiatives in the local community including organizing the “Young Chef” competition, supporting our local junior school RotaKids club and senior school Interact club, holding a “Know Your own Blood Pressure” testing event, and running a highly successful “Kids Out” trip for disabled children. Our Young Chef winner went on to the Regional Final.
Helped other local charitable clubs with their events including the Rotary Club of Billericay Mayflower’s Summerfest and Christmas Market, the Rotary Club of Basildon’s Bike Ride fund raiser, the Billericay Fun Walk, and the Billericay Round Table’s Guy Fawkes Fireworks Display in Lake Meadows park.
- Supported International initiatives in promoting Rotary International’s “End Polio Now” campaign through the press, the internet, Facebook and Twitter which generated tweets around the world.
- Held fundraising events of which by far the most significant was our 2016 Soapbox Derby in May 2016, to which over 7,000 people attended and over 40 soapbox teams participated - including teams from local businesses, schools but also from as far away as Lancashire.
- Other activities included a major presence at the Christmas Market, a President's Day Barbecue for members and officers from other service clubs in the area.
- If you are like us, and want to enjoy yourselves, make new friends, listen to interesting speakers, and at the same time, give something back to the community, then you can join us in making this happen. We’re looking for more men and women of all ages and backgrounds to join us and use their time, talents, professional skills and energy to improving the lives of people in their local communities and others around the world.
Join us and help to make a difference.
If you would like to meet us or get more information
Call Peter Strong on +44 1277 654501
or email him
Alternatively, if you need to contact our President or Secretary, then you can do so clicking on their titles below:
The Rotary Club of Billericay.
(If you have any queries, complaints or suggestions with respect to this website then please do contact us by email:)
In the next 30 days...
Tweets by @BillericyRotary
We meet on Mondays at 1245 for 1300
(On the 5th Monday of a month, please check the website)
66-68 Laindon Road
Essex CM12 9LD tel: +44 1277 632378