Welcome to the website of the Rotary Club of Burgess Hill & District
Although Rotary was established just over 100 years ago, our own club has been in existence for a little over 60 years.
If you are not familiar with Rotary, you may have a few misconceptions
What we are not
- We are not a secret organisation
- We are not a religious organisation
- We are not a group of old men who meet together for lunch/dinner and a drink
- We are not primarily a fund raising organisation
What we are
- We are a group of men and women (age 40 plus although younger members welcome)
- We care about others in our own, the national and international communities
- We want to give something back to society and working through Rotary is an effective way of achieving this. We can make more of a difference as a group than we are able to do individually
- Although we do need to raise funds, our emphasis is on using whatever talents we may possess to encourage and help others to achieve their potential
We're looking for more men and women of all ages and backgrounds to join us and to use their time, talents, professional skills and energy to improve the lives of people in their local community and others around the world.
In the process, you can enjoy the benefits of personal development, meeting new friends, hearing inspiring speakers, having a great deal of fun and experiencing that special sense of fulfillment that comes from achieving something really worthwhile.
We recognise that it is difficult to find the time to fit everything in to modern life but, as the saying goes - if you want something done, ask a busy person. Could that person be you? Please contact us if you wish to know more.
For more information about Rotary, please follow this link...
A few of the projects which we support
For further information about Rotary
Please click on any of the relevant links on the left of this page or contact us by clicking here