Welcome to the homepage of the Rotary Club Of Felixstowe Landguard

Secretary: Rotarian Norman Allington - E-mail: landguardsecretary@hotmail.com

 

Felixstowe is a coastal town about 70 miles (115 Km) northeast of London and has a population of about 25,000. The town came into existence towards the end of the 19th century as a result of the building of the railway. It saw rapid development as a fashionable seaside resort. The Empress of Germany had a house here. It has seen more expansion in recent years in parallel with the expansion of the 19th century port into what is now the country's largest container port. The Club received its Charter in September 1984 and adopted the name of the ancient fort on Landguard Point at the entrance to Harwich Harbour. The fort, now within the present boundary of the town, was originally built in the time of Henry VIII but is now largely of 18th and 19th century construction. The fort was in military use until the 1950s. It is now in the care of English Heritage and is managed by the Landguard Fort Trust. Image result for events image


For information on future events please visit www.landguardrotaryevents.co.uk

 

 

 

 

Felixstowe
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting Information...

We meet on Thursdays at 1900 for 1930 from 1/9/16 The Orwell Hotel, Hamilton Road, Felixstowe


IP11 7DX tel: 01394 285511

Meeting venue's web site

Get Directions

Enter your Postcode or Town