Welcome to the Rotary Club of Rainhill
Rainhill Rotary Club is part of the Worldwide Rotary movement. The Club is based in our local communities of Rainhill, St Helens, Prescot & Widnes with members meeting on a regular basis to enjoy fellowship and to plan projects that will benefit others locally, in the UK & abroad.
Click here for further details and pictures of the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the awarding of the Charter under which the Club was established.
Importantly we are very active with in the local community organising and supporting:
- The Christmas Santa Float visiting the local and surrounding areas during December, culminating our efforts on Christmas Eve in Rainhill Village centre. This raises further funds for distribution.
- The annual Rainhill Beer Festival in November is now one the largest charity Beer Festivals in the North West, attracting many visitors from out of the area and raising significant funds for local, national and international causes.
- The Dragons Den Initiative for 2016, saw 12 organisations delivering excellent presentations on their respective causes. Each of these worthy causes received the maximum £500 donation from Rainhill Rotary Club. Over 50 donations totalling more than £16k were awarded in this year's event and our thanks go to all those who applied for funding. Further details can be viewed by clicking here.
- The Rainhill Gala, held at the end of May, where we assist the Gala committee and host a Beer tent on the day.
- The Kids Out, where we arrange for a group of special needs children to visit Croxteth Park for a fun day out.
- Willowbrook Hospice where we support and assist the Reception area on a weekly basis.
- Rotary Districts 1280 Dis-abled Sports Day held each year in September at Sutton Leisure Centre where over 200 participants from the North West enjoy competitive sports.