Welcome to the Rotary Club of Rainhill
Rainhill Rotary Club is part of the Worldwide Rotary movement. The Club is based in our local communities of Rainhill, St Helens, Prescot & Widnes with members meeting on a regular basis to enjoy fellowship and to plan projects that will benefit others locally, in the UK & abroad.
Importantly we are very active with in the local community organising and supporting:
- The annual Rainhill Beer Festival in November, which is now one the largest charity Beer Festivals in the North West attracting many visitors from out of the area and raising significant funds for local, national and international causes.
- The Dragons Den Initiative, which is held each year enabling local charities and organisations to apply for funding up to a maximum of £500. Further details and the Application Form can be viewed and downloaded by clicking here.
- The Rainhill Gala, held at the end of May, where we assist the Gala committee and run the Bar
- Kids Out, where we arrange for a group of special needs children to visit Croxteth Park for a fun day out.
- The Christmas Santa Float visiting the local and surrounding areas during December, culminating our efforts on Christmas Eve in Rainhill Village centre. This raises further funds for distribution.
- Willowbrook Hospice where we support and assist the Reception area on a weekly basis.
- Rotary Districts 1280 Dis-abled Sports Day held each year in September at Sutton Leisure Centre where over 200 participants from the North West enjoy competitive sports.
In the next 30 days...
8pm - Rotary Community Speaker meeting North West Ambulance (TBC) Meal at the Vic.
8pm - Rotary Youth & Vocational Speaker Meeting Katherine Wooley of the Prince's Trust