Rotary Club of South Cambridge
Home | Service Projects | Jul 2009 Programme for year 2009-10
2009 -10 Club Programme
ROTARY CLUB OF SOUTH CAMBRIDGE
2009 – 2010 ASSEMBLY
SERVICE PROJECTS COMMITTEE PROPOSALS
1. All members of the committee who served in 2008/2009 have kindly agreed to serve again this Rotary Year.
2. Youth projects will be dealt with under a new committee headed by Dave Ellis – many,many thanks are given to those members involved with Youth activities whilst part of the services Committee – you did a great job !
3. Christmas Car Parking – to be continued with as much time as we can get at Downing College. To be headed by Robert Tyers with help from Dave Ellis
4. 2010 Valentines Day Concert – to be held – once again to be headed by Marcus Hankinson.
5. Stroke Awareness Day – to be headed up by Robert Tyers.
6. New project to be identified and considered, ideally associated with either Disabled sports in some format or with a science base eg Rotary Environment Day or similar.
7. A major fund raiser to be considered : Boxing Dinner ; Charity Auction etc
8. Future involvement in Fen Edge Family Day to be considered.
9. Speakers to be invited to include
(ii)Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre
(iii) Home Start Cambridge
(i) Colin Edge has kindly agreed to once again lead us.
(ii) Aqua boxes – to do a minimum of 12 No
(iii) International Dinner to be held in similar format to last year
(iv) Visit to Szeged to be arranged for September with possibility of strengthening the ties.
(v) Money raising function to be arranged ie another Cheese and Wine, wine,wine.
(vi) Vision Aid to be researched and involvement considered
(vii) To try and find an International project we can have ownership of and be the project sponsor – similar to the water wells in Africa.
Terry Gardner 5 June 2009