Charities and other good causes supported by Knutsford Rotary
Below is a list of charities and other good causes supported by Knutsford Rotary
Rotary International is probably the most effective charity in the world.
We do not throw money at problems; we prefer to provide long term solutions to them.
And we do not waste money on 'overheads' or 'administration'; all the proceeds we collect go to the charities and other good causes we support.
Below is a list of some of them we have supported in the last few years.
- 2nd and 3rd Goostrey Guides, Age Uk, Alzheimer's Society,
- Brook Street Chapel, Childline, Christies (Youth Oncology Unit)
- East Cheshire Hospice, Jaipur Limbs, KHS PTA
- Kidskin, Red Cross, NMC Trading, Macmillan Cancer Care
- Royal British Legion, Cedars Care Home, Shelter Box
- Children's Liver Disease, Welcome Cafe
- Egerton Njoro Project, The Children's Burns Foundation
- Francis House Children's Hospice
- Mid Cheshire Riding for the Disabled
- Children's Air Ambulance
We also have our own charity, Rotary Foundation that covers many other charities.
The Jaipur Limb story where disabled people re-build their lives for very little cost.
The End Polio Now campaign to eradicate the scourge of polio world-wide.
The Shelter Box charity that leads the world in emergency relief techniques.
and many more, all started by Rotary Foundation.