Rotary Club of South Cambridge
Home | Rotary Foundation
The Foundation Objectives for 2012/2013 are as follows :
1. We will seek to fully understand Rotary Internationalís (Peace through Service), RIBIís and District initiatives for the year and support these.
2. Club Support of Foundation/Thanks for Life/End Polio now -
we plan a possible activity at Addenbrookes for Rotary Day Feb 2013 - very successful.
and expect to contribute the same amount to Foundation as last year .
We will keep the club informed of progress by RI in eradicating polio - India nolonger endemic !
Support the District Fundraiser - Stokes Mayo Jars - await members returned jars.
(so far over 3,700 children will be saved from polio by this fund-raiser)
3. Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars Ė We will host a few scholars and transport them to Rotary meetings in the District starting in Autumn of 2012 and will plan in detail when we know who they are.
We seek to nominate an out-going scholar, sponsored by the club.
4. Matching grants/ Simplified Grants, Future Vision
Members will participate in the District-arranged training for the new grants system (Future vision) and we plan to apply for a matching grant in connection with an International project (eg.Tanzania school) - 5 club members attended the necessary training to allow the club to apply for matched funding next year 2013-2014..
5.GSE Team Visit
Expect to participate in any GSE visit to Cambridge and host part of the GSE team from Melbourne in October 2012. - 2 scholars are being hosted by members of the club.
6.Peace One Day - School project
A number of local schools have been contacted in the area and some have agreed to work with us for Peace through Service/Peace One Day. - A series of Talks and Debates have been very successful, with good feedback from the schools and we hope to repeat them next year (2013-2014).
We are in touch with the District Team and we aim to ask for a speaker to come from Bradford University (a Rotary Peace scholar) to talk to some of the schools, along with an academic if possible. - Ana, a lawyer and Peace scholar from Argentina, led the Talks and Debates.
Jan Cooper (Foundation Chair 2012/2013)
- May 2013 Wheelpower Rotary Club Marathon around East Anglia
- Feb 2013 Speakers - RYLA participants in 2012 - their experiences
- Feb 2013 Speaker Greg Kennedy - District Rotary Scholar from Florida
- Sep 2012 'Peace One Day?' - Talks and Debates to Cambridge Village and 6th form Colleges
- Nov 2012 Speaker - Maria KRISCH Ambassadorial scholar from Austria, fb quick Club Council
- Oct 2012 Speaker - Kyle Maggard, Rotary Scholar form USA.
- Welcome evening for D1080 Ambassadorial scholars
- D6510 GSE visit
- Oct 2012 Meet this years Rotary Ambassadorial Scholars
- Thanks For Life
- Family Lunch