Community Service Committee
The main duties are:-
To plan and carry out educational. humanitarian and vocational projects that address the needs of the Club's community - i.e the area around Pershore.
- Work with the local community to find out what and where needs exist that we may be able to help.
- To consider which projects to support, in consultation with the Club President and subject to the approval of the Club members.
- To take note of those service initiatives selected by District in planning the programme.
- To build up PROGS the "Pershore Rotary Grants Fund" to provide a vehicle for funding these needs.
To be responsible for communication with both the local community and the club members.
- Local community through the Press (PR), Website, Participation in Local Events, Rolling display for Tree of Lights in Broad Street, Facebook, Twitter, Street Collections
- Communication with the members and larger Rotary community through Bulletin, Website, Facebook, Twitter and e-mail
Fund raising activities and other projects to be organised by the Committee to include:-
- Fully supporting Tree-of-Lights committee in aid of Acorns, Riverside Centre and PROGS
- Golf Day for Kids Out
- Pershore street collections for PROGS
- Evening Fund Raising Event for PROGS
- Richard Martry prize to Pershore College student
- Usborne Illustrated Dictionaries for First School leavers
Peter Gardner (Chairman and Web), Ken Corrighan (PR), Ken Rowe, Ron Davis (Corporate Sponsors), Stephen Malkinson, John Rosier, Gerry Canvin (Kids Out)