(1) V Festival Collection
We shall be continuing the long standing role for our club in assisting with the "V Festival" clear-up and collection of blankets, chairs, clothing , etc in liaison with Charles Storer of Hope & Aid Direct and to discuss the 2017 collection. Sleeping bags and mats are required. Over 200 were collected in 2016; £300 was donated to buy 'stuff' bags for the sleeping bags.
(2) Dutch Twin Club - RC Twenterand
After we had enjoyed greeting a small group of visitors from The Netherlands who helped us in celebrating our 40th Anniversary over the weekend 12th - 14th June 2015, the decision on the club's future relationship with RC Twenterand is still being mutually discussed by both clubs.
What we do in the future is under discussion - in the Spring 2017, a group of ingatestone Rotary club members enjoyed a very pleasant visit to Keukenhoff, staying in an hotel with many from Vriezenveen staying at a camper site locally - our visitors were royally entertained by our Netherlands twin club mebers.
(3) Donations in 2016/17
(1) Bore Holes £500 has been donated to this Internnational charity
(2) Sand Dams - The club has donated a total of £750 to this 1240 Joint project.
(3) Haiti Disaster Fund - [Devastation from Hurricane Matthew] - £500
(4) - Opportunity International (UK) - £500
(5) - Kimuni Primary School in nairobi - £200