Following the Government's latest directives in the battle against COVID-19, all face-to-face meetings of the Rotary Club of Helston-Lizard are suspended until further notice. In the meantime, monthly Council meetings and fortnightly Club meetings are taking place virtually, using Zoom
The Rotary Club of Helston-Lizard was chartered on 29 April 1987 with 28 members. Membership has grown steadily to the current 47 including 2 Honorary members.
The Club serves the community around the town of Helston and the Lizard Peninsula and is part of Rotary District 1175, covering 85 Rotary Clubs in the South West Peninsula of Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The Club was saddened to hear of the recent death of Rtn. Alf Cannon, in September 2020
Rtn Ivor Mann (left) receives a Certificate from Club President Chris Butterill, recognising 25 years in Rotary.
Rtn Laurence Osborne (left) is presented with his Paul Harris award by Club President Chris Butterill.
What we're planning...
- We're meeting via Zoom at the moment. Hopefully we'll be able to start making plans in the not too distant future
What we've done...
- 18 September 2020: The Club held its Annual Golf Day at Mullion Golf Course. In spite of all the Covid-19 precautions, etc. the event was a huge success.
- 1 September 2020: Handover from past President Steve Ford to incoming President Chris Butterill.
- 21 July 2020: Sponsored Bike Ride from Wheal Dream to The Lizard and return, in support of ShelterBox
- 30 June 2020. We were pleased to induct and welcome Rtn. ALLAN LOVEDAY as our newest member at our Zoom Meeting on 30 June 2020.
- 23 March 2020:Presidents Night, 2019-2020 - Cancelled
- 31 January 2020: Johnny Cowling, Helston School
- 12 December 2019: Club's Christmas Party, Greenbank Hotel, Falmouth
- 7 December 2019: Senior Citizens Christmas Party, Carleen Village Hall
- 26 November 2019: Guest Night
- 9 November 2019: Rotary Quiz Night, Breage Social Club
- 13 September 2019: Annual Charity Golf Day, Mullion Golf Course
- 26-28 July 2019: Silverstone Trip
- 8 June 2019: Presidents Night
- 31 May 2019: Sportsman's Speaker Dinner
- 17-19 May 2019: French Twinning (17-19 May)
- 26 February 2019: Visit to HM Coastguard SAR at St Mawgan
- 24 February 2019: Hi-Lo Golf Competiton
- 9 February 2019: Thin Blue Line Rugby match; Camborne RFC v Bracknell
- 31 January 2019: Johnny Cowling
- 19 December 2018: Pensioners Lunch, Breage Village Hall
- 15 & 16 December 2018: Santa's Grotto at Trevena Cross Nurseries
- 13 December 2018: Christmas Party, Greenbank Hotel
- 13 December 2018: Santa's Grotto at Trevena Cross Nurseries
- 8 & 9 December 2018: Santa's Grotto at Trevena Cross Nurseries
- 1 & 2 December 2018: Santa's Grotto at Trevena Cross Nurseries
- 1 December 2018: Senior Citizens Christmas Party, Carleen Village Hall
- 21 Sept 2018: Annual Golf Day, Fund Raiser
- 2 October 2018: Visit to Shelterbox, Truro
- 13-15 July: Trip to Fairford Air Tattoo
- 2 June 2018: Work in gardens of Helston Community Hospital
- 27-29 April 2018: Beer Festival, Epworth Hall, Helston
- 17 March 2018: Rugby Trip to Twickenham
- 13 March 2018: Inducted a new member, Rtn Dougie Evans
- 9 March 2018: Work commences on Helston's White Wash Walls
- 24 Feb 2018: Presentation of Cheques to Invictus Trust and Cornwall Hospice SW at 11am, Trevena Nurseries
- 17 Feb 2018: Supporting Inner Wheel's Big Breakfast at Breage Village Hall
- 19 Jan 2018 Johnny Cowling at Helston School Hall
Past-President James Kingston (right) hands over to President Steve Ford (left)
Club Members at the presentation of a cheque by President Elect Chris Butterill to Barrie Goodfellow (Centre) of the RNIB. Barrie's wife Janet and his guide dog William were also present.
Handover 2018-19Past-President Bob Calleja (right) hands over to President James Kingston (left)
The Rotary Club of Helston-Lizard founded ShelterBox as its Millennium Project in 2000RI Club ID: 24369
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.