Hello and Welcome to Limerick Central Rotary Club.
Limerick Central Rotary club was chartered on 23 November 2022 with our founding president being Mr. John Kelly. Our club President for 2023-24 is Mr. Tom Flavin. We are a vibrant new club and welcome new members to join us and contribute to our club initiatives.
Our aim is to engage projects both on a Local, National and International stage which aim to support and assist people and communities.
The Rotary motto is “Service above Self” and we demonstrate this by volunteering our time, energy , skills and experiance to the many projects that we engage in. Examples of the projects we completed in our founding year include:
1. Fundraising and donation of over €1,400 to the Rotary support for Ukraine program
2. Completion of a biodiversity project which comprises of the creation of a 350 metre biodiversity walk way and supporting the planting of over 3,000 native irish trees.
3. Participation in the Rotary Young Writer competition where we had over 300 entries and one of our young writers won the senior category at district level and went on to the National Competition.
4. Successful running of the Young Chef competition in second level schools
5. Raising €14,000 for Down Syndrome Limerick in our inaugural Don Reddan charity golf classic in honour of our much missed founder member Don Reddan. 6. Sourcing & Donation of bikes to the Limerick Bike Hub.
Internationally we are part of the Rotary Campaign to eliminate Polio worldwide which commenced in 1985 and now has just two countries remaining to be completed in order to have the virus deemed eliminated throughout this world. We also support entrepreneurs in third- world countries through the provision of finance under the Lend With Care process and we have donated a shelterbox to the Turkey earthquake disaster area.
This is but a brief outline of what we do as members of Rotary and If you are a person who would like to get involved and make a difference in your community, please contact us through our club social media channels Facebook/Twitter/Snapchat/TikTok/Instagram (@Limerickrotary/Limerickrotary), through our website or email email@example.com, we would be delighted to meet with you to encourage you expanding this interest with us.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
All of us at Limerick Central.
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.