Now a popular annual event with runners coming from all over EnglandDetails
A much improved turnout of 346 runners and walkers showed that we are finally recovering from the effects of the Covid lock downs.Details
Wensleydale Rotary Club members helped steward and judge the efforts of students at the Rotary Technology Challenge 2023Details
Today (Friday 11th) Wensleydale Rotarians hit the streets of Leyburn with specially decorated collection buckets and hats in aid of Ukrainian charitiesDetails
We were pleased with the response to the first Saunter in 2022, particularly how much people enjoyed the route. So the 2023 Saunter will be over the same route.Details
Wensleydale Rotary Club's President Ray Wilkinson brandishes crutches which were part of the vanload of mobility aids collected in the dale by the club.Details
We are organising our fundraising events in as Covid safe a way as possible, and have changed our venue for more space, meeting fortnightly for business or speakers, without a meal. In addition we now have a programme of excursions which are proving very popular.
Our members come from a variety of backgrounds, including farming, banking, business, education, and health. All enjoy the fun and friendship that Rotary offers, while also helping their own communities and those farther afield. To learn more about what we do, please explore this site and click on the links on "What we do". If you wish to know more about Rotary International, click on About Rotary. INTERESTED IN JOINING ROTARY? Please use the Contact Form in the menu at the top. We will then invite you to attend a meeting as a guest, with no commitment! If you have just moved into the Dale, you will find a ready-made group of friends who will help you settle into the community.
Our current President Ray Wilkinson has chosen Caring for Life as her chosen Charity
If you are a Rotarian visiting Wensleydale, you will be very welcome at one of our weekly meetings- please check the "Meeting Information" section on this website, or contact us through the Contact Form
This website short address is www.wensleydale.rotary1040.org .
Our registered Charity Fund number is 1046181
• Supported the Rotary International Stop Polio campaign with fundraising events.
• Donated to Action Aid, Shelter and Syrian refugees.
• Donated to Nepalese Goat project.
• Donated to a charity funding computers to remote Nepalese schools.
• Supported the national Kidsout Day. It’s when Rotarians across the country take disadvantaged kids for a fun day out. Whether they live with critical health issues, in refuge, with a disability or facing a tough domestic situation, are taken on a fun day out to the zoo, a theme park or even the seaside, often for the first time in their lives. Over 500 children were taken to Lightwater Valley for the day, accompanied by Rotarians across Yorkshire.
Regional / Local community
• Organised the annual Wensleydale wander where funds raised benefit local good causes.
• Organised the annual James Herriot Country Trail Run which raises money for Rotary charities
• Annual Technology Tournament, this year hosted at Catterick Garrison. The object of the tournament is to give children aged 12 – 18 an unseen Design and Technology problem to be completed in a fixed time.
• Sponsored a student from Wensleydale School to attend RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Award) where for a week they participate in team building programmes to build confidence, motivation and leadership skills
• Support Children attending Kings Club during the summer holidays.
• Ran a Stroke Awareness tent at the Wensleydale Show.
• Pay and transport a carer in the region for a week’s holiday in Scarborough.
• Give local schoolchildren a Dictionary for life, to aid literacy.
• School Bursary. We were able to support 19 children in the area to attend courses and residential trips.
Interschool Challenge, a small sum of money to each Primary School in the Dale and challenges them to increase it by whatever means for charity. This year the children have chosen Cancer Research UK
Our Facebook page ran a Twelve Myth days of Christmas campaign to bust all the myths surrounding Rotary.
We also had lots of fun with quiz nights, lawn bowls, quoits, visiting other Rotary clubs in the area, dominoes and a pancake evening.
President of Rotary International Club Citation presented to Wensleydale Rotary. This is awarded to clubs in recognition of making an especially positive difference in our communities.
A further Citation with Silver Distinction was awarded in December 2019
Since the onset of the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have continued to meet either by Zoom or, more recently face to face, and to organise those activities that could occur safely under the right conditions.
Mon, Jun 5th 2023 7:30 am
Mon, Jun 12th 2023 11:07 am
Mon, Jun 19th 2023 7:30 pm
Mon, Jun 26th 2023 7:30 pm
We meet on Mondays at 19.30(FORTNIGHTLY MEETINGS with social excursions on other dates .No meetings on Bank Holidays) Leyburn Arts & Community Centre,
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Our Social Media