International Service & Foundation
Rotary supports many projects in different parts of the world. Projects supported by the Club include:
- building paygrounds in Romania and other parts of Eastern Europe
- supplying emergency boxes for the relief of victims of earthquakes, floods and other disasters.
- sponsoring young people through Agricultural College in Kenya
- providing the resources to dig wells and provide basic needs in some of the poorest viullages in southern India
- delivering healthcare by motorcycle to remote places in Africa
The Rotary Foundation is Rotary's own Charity.
Its aim is to further international understanding, goodwill and peace. It organises many programmes to help alleviate humanitarian needs throughout the world.
The largest campaign, Polio Plus, is helping the World Health Organisation and UNICEF to immunise children against Polio and other communicable diseases. Rotary Clubs have raised millions of pounds for the Campaign and provided thousands of volunteers to take part in local immunisation projects.
The Foundation also provides grants, educational scholarships and opportunities to visit or study in other Countries.
In common with most Rotary Clubs, the Rotary Club of St. Albans has built lasting links and friendships with Rotarians in Frankenthal in Germany, and Gerardmer in France.