THE COMMUNITY INTEREST AND YOUTH COMMITTEE 2023 - 2024
Members: John Yule (Chair),Jasmine Tripodi (Youth Lead),SylviaAbblitt,GinaRandall, Simon Marsland, Robert Stacey, David England and Jenny
I thank those members of last year’s committee who have stayed on for another year, and welcome our new members. I am looking forward to a busy year of supporting our local community and schools.
We have some major events and regular donations that we support each year. We will continue this support for:
· Ramsey and Benwick in Bloom. We have budgeted £200 for each of these projects
· St Thomas a Becket Flower Festival. £150 has been set aside to support the festival
· British Legion Wreath. £75 has been budgeted for the wreath to be laid by the club President
· Sailability. We will continue our usual support of £200.
· KidsOut. £1500 has been requested to support sending disadvantaged and special needs children to Wicksteed Park for a fun day out.
· Calvert Trust. We will continue our support of this Outward Bound type program for an adult with disabilities with a £1300 budget item
New Community programs we have committed to support include:
· Dreamdrops, to set up a quiet room for children suffering from autism or anxiety in local schools. £250 has been budgeted.
· KidsOut Toyboxes. This KidsOut run program provides boxes of toys for children in refuges who are unable to play normally with other kids. We have budgeted £100 for four toyboxes.
In addition to these pre-planned donations, we expect to bring a range of other requests for support to the membership during the course of the year. Based on historical data, this could be up to £5000.
Our Youth Team has an ambitious program lined up for the year, with a range of annual programs to support and some new ideas.
· RYLA and Young RYLA will be funded again this year with budget requests of £800 each.
· Rotary Youth Competitions will be pushed hard this year, and £500 has been set aside to pay for gift vouchers
· Coats4Kids. This has proved very successful and £250 has been designated to buy winter coats for ten disadvantaged children.
· BOSH, a local program aimed at our younger school children will be supported up to £400, and Crunch, a similar program aimed at older children will likewise receive £400.
· Friends of Stay and Play will receive a £200 donation
· Rotary Stars. This popular program will continue, and £200 has been budgeted for gift vouchers and certificates.
· The Life Education Bus will be visiting in 2024, and the club has already approved full funding of £2032, a roll over from the 2022/23 budget.
· Support of local Scouting groups. As Scouts resume activities after the COVID lockdowns, it is expected that they may need support, and £200 has been budgeted for this purpose.
Like the main Com/Voc committee, the Youth Team anticipated unplanned requests for donations, and historical data indicates this could be in the £2000 range.
You may email John at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form (below)
more Awarded in March 2023, our latest Rotary Star is Orla Beale !!
more The Rotary Club of Ramsey has donated equipment to Little Miracles in Ramsey.
more During May, Ramsey Rotary, in agreement with Ramsey Town Council, renovated two public bench seats at The Mortuary Chapels. One has been replaced, the old one being relocated along the footpath between Ramsey Cemetery and Muchwood,.
more With help from a donation from our funds, these lovely people enjoyed a lovely day out on the Ladybird boat, departing from Houghton Marina.
more Christmas Gift Bags for our many Ukrainian friends being presented at the community Carol Service tonight