Becoming A Rotarian
How to get involved with Kirkcaldy Rotary
We fulfil our purpose and achieve our goals thanks to the dedication of our members.
At Rotary we have the unique position of being rooted with our own communities but with a global outlook, ready to tackle challenges at home and abroad.
Through membership you will become part of a network of 1.2 million members, in 35,000 Rotary clubs in over 200 countries.
We are friends, neighbours, leaders and problem solvers.
Who can join?
We are looking for people who want to give back to their communities.
You must be aged 18 or over to become a Rotary member, but we also offer exciting and vibrant options for young people to join the Rotary family from the age of 7.
How do I join?
If you’re interested in joining Rotary there are a number of options. Involvement in Rotary is flexible, ranging from full membership to project volunteering.
There are a number of ways to can join Rotary:
- Join our club
- Corporate membership
- Friend of Rotary and project volunteering
What are the benefits?
Rotary brings together people from all walks of life. Getting involved with Rotary provides benefits to not only communities, but our members as well.
- Social networking – Rotary is a great way to expand your social circles, meet new people and make lasting friendships, all while having fun and making a difference.
- Develop your skills – You can share your personal and vocational skills, take up leadership roles, as well as learning from fellow members on activities such as project planning, communications and service delivery.
- Enhance your understanding – Events such as the annual Rotary Showcase and the international Convention offer opportunities to be inspired by guest speakers and develop your global understanding.
- Business opportunities – Rotary was founded as a business networking group, and this still plays a part in Rotary today. Making connections with other members can enhance your professional life.
- Enjoy rewards – Rotary Global Rewards, our member benefits programme, offers discounts on products and services. It’s Rotary’s way of helping our members spend less so they can do more.
- Work with leading organisations – Rotary’s reputation has allowed us to establish relationships with leading national and international charities, putting us at the forefront of change.
- Be part of a global community – With 1.2 million members in 35,000 clubs in over 200 countries, Rotary is a global network of neighbours, friends and problem solvers making a difference in our communities.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Rotarian please contact us by emailing: