Troon Rotary Community Support
The Rotary Club of Troon is delighted to announce the introduction of their Community Support Programme. The Club is offering to donate 200 every month to help individuals or small, local groups from TROON, LOANS or DUNDONALD.
We are particularly keen to support clubs and organisations which themselves support children, teenagers, the elderly, individuals with disabilities and/ or additional needs. Applications from individuals are encouraged.
Please apply in plenty of time as multiple applications are received each month. Applications are considered every month and remain in the folder until the date entered on the application form.
Examples of what the 200 pounds could be used for might be; to fund instructors to help assist with groups, fund organisations who need training expertise, to buy equipment, to hire facilities to support community projects or to pay for a special day out for a group.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Applications are to be made on the form below and submitted online or by completing a paper copy of this form. Paper copies can be collected from the Library or can be posted out if requested by telephone.
2. Only applications made on the Troon Rotary Community Support Form will be considered.
3. You do not need to be a registered Charity. However, both the Rotary Club and the local press reserve the right to ask for evidence that your application is genuine.
4. Priority will be given to small groups and individuals who do not receive support from paid staff and/or professional fundraisers.
5. Applications will be judged by members of the Club on a rota-basis and one application will be selected every month as the recipient of 200. Unsuccessful applications will be carried forward into future months.
6. Applicants agree that in making this application they are willing to take part in any future publicity.
7. As Rotary International is a non-religious and non-political organisation, regretfully, funding applications which directly promote any religious or political activities cannot be considered.
more Funds help the Italian Gardens in Troon
more June's donation went to Eleanor Pugsley, concert pianist. The money will be put towards funding Eleanor's participation in classes as part of her studies at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
more Troon Primary Parent Council Chair, Nigel Fullard, receives a cheque for £200 to fund a visit by an author.
more President George Watson, together with Rotarians Lesley Owens and Stuart Kane made a donation to Nicola George of Ayrshire Cancer Support
more The Rotary Club of Troon is proud of their Community Support Programme. The Club intends to continue donating £200 every month to help individuals or small, local groups from TROON, LOANS or DUNDONALD.
more Stuart Kane of Troon Rotary passes a cheque for £200 to Iain Cox of Troon Blackrock Pipe Band. He asked for help from the Rotary Club of Troon Community Fund. The money will be used to supply new members with uniforms and equipment.
more ..Secretary Stuart Kane passed over a cheque for £400 to South Ayrshire foodbank. This money is subject to a matching grant of £400 from Rotary District 1230.
more the Rotary club of Troon have decided that our £200 monthlyTRCS donation will be sent to the South Ayrshire Foodbank. The picture shows Troon Rotarians assisting Russell Trust Volunteers to collect for Foodbank.
more TRCS donation for April had been sent to Pamela McMillan who runs a small business called BSL, which delivers Sign Language classes in Ayrshire. The money will be used to pay for a ten week beginners class for either a child or parent.
more Troon Harbour Community has the aim “that all who live in Troon Harbour Community should enjoy the best possible life within a supportive local community”.On behalf of Troon Rotary President Lance Moffat presented Yvonne Hall with a cheque for £200.
more Ethan Wearing has been invited to travel to Switzerland in July 2020 with the 28th Troon Scouts. The money would be used to add to the fundraising costs of the trip. This is a trip to learn life skills and be part of a team
more Troon Allotment Society sought help to provide heating in the Shed. last year the society had visits by over 1,000 schoolchildren. The Photo shows Ian Weir, Duncan Malcom, Tommy Kelly, Marie Forrest, marguerite Richie, Douglas Allison and Allan Junnor
more Scott Cowan asked Troon Rotary for financial help to attend a Training Course with Racing Point F1 Team at Silverstone. There he will have lessons about Formula 1 and World Touring Car Racing. Rtns Mike Schirwing and Jackie Sheikhly presented the award.
more South Ayrshire Dementia Support Association support 25 clients living in Troon. They asked for assistance to help to improve the lives of those living with memory impairment through their journey with dementia.
more Jenny Purdie, a second year Law student at Edinburgh University, asked for help in joining a summer school in Salzburg, Austria. Over 30 countries will be represented and she will be introduced to the legal systems of the countries involved.