The Host's Duties
At each weekly meeting, the host's duties include:
Before the meeting:
- Hang up (Helston-Lizard) banners before the meeting
- Put out the Lectern and the Bell
- Ensure any music in the meeting room is off.
- Meet and greet any guests; introduce them to Club President
- Ring the bell at 8pm for dinner
During the meeting
- Say Grace before dinner
- Check the names and Clubs of visiting Rotarians and guests on the Attendance Sheet
- Check/Update attendance list with apologies from the Apologies Book and any received by Secretary
- Invite Visitors/Guests/Guest Speaker(s) to sign the Guest Book (kept in lectern)
- Liaise with Secretary to provide attendance cards to any visiting Rotarians
- If there is a Speaker, check that Treasurer has paid for his/her meal
- After dinner, announce members and introduce guests (the venue should let you have the attendance sheet).
- Introduce guests ensuring appropriate use of "guest of Rotarian xxx".
- Give Vote of Thanks to Speaker, where appropriate
After the meeting
- After the meeting, pass attendance sheet to Attendance Officer or Secretary
- Put away the banners, lectern and bell