Social Activities/ Murder Mystery Evening April 2017
The Phar Phetched Phantom
A thrilling and mind-tickling murder mystery written and performed by Lacey Green Productions on 27th March in aid of the Princes Centre.
55 Rotarians, their partners and some friends filled the dining area and bar at Whiteleaf Golf Club for an evening of entertainment featuring:
• An upper crust woman who builds walls and has a peacock fetish
• A dodgy electric car salesman with a stash of cash and Italian wine
• A slimy accountant with an unhappy childhood and a penchant for electronics
• A smooth-talking, retired vicar who may be open to blackmail
• A former Russian spy turned double agent
• A republican, Canadian architect whose buildings all look like log cabins
• An ecstatic medium who has just struck lucky and has made ethereal contact with;
• “The Phantom” who, in her lifetime, knew all the secrets that the others tried to hide and was universally disliked
• Plus a Narrator, who is a wannabe poet, doubling as an overworked prompter with a sidekick Sound Man who insists on making all his own equipment
• And don’t forget, there are also dogs and peacocks
Rotarians were divided into teams of six to eight and asked to come up with the culprit and the motive, with a prize for the best answer (as judged by LGP). This was won by the ‘Laughing Policemen’. In addition, the most original and amusing answer, even (and especially) if wrong, was collected by John Hughes’s table.
Overall, £340 was raised from the evening, of which £250 was pledged to the Princes Centre.
There is an option of repeating the entertainment in future once LGP have written a new mystery!
Rotary Walk on Sunday 10th of January 2016
John has organised a pleasant 5 mile ramble through the Hampden Estate starting at Gt. Hampden Village Hall at 10 am prompt! A bring and share lunch at 1.30 back at the halldetails
Rotary and Friends Walk
February's walk has been moved to the 20th of March and takes place in the Waddesdon Estate. Meeting at Waddesdon Village Hall 10.00am.details
Rotary and Friends Walk Sunday 1st of May
Organised by John Holmes, this walk will take place at the Hambledon Village Hall. Datails as per the attached link.details
Wasserburg Club visit
There will be a joint meeting with our twin club in Bavaria starting May 6th. This year it will take place in Nuremburg with the Wasserburg club. We will be visiting the town and will have a formal meeting on Saturday evening with our wives/partners.details
Keith will be having his Presidents Dinner and Dance evening at the Ellesborough Golf Club. More details to follow.details
Rotary Walk starting at Goring
ROTARY AND FRIENDS WALK SUNDAY 17TH MAY, 2015 The arrangements for this walk are: - "¢ Meet at 10.00 am prompt at Goring Village Hall (Garden Room). RG8 9AG. In the High Street, towards the river bridge. "¢ Circular walk of about 5.5 miles, idetails
'Anything Goes' by Cole Porter
Musical Comedy by Cole Porter, contact John Holmes for detailsdetails
Rotary Walk Sunday February 9th 2014
Meeting at Gt Hampden Village Hall. Bring and share lunch at 1.30pmdetails