Four Counties Ring Walking Challenge For End Polio
Sylvia Keris, President of The Rotary Club of Eccleshall Mercia will be walking the entire length of the canal towpaths of the Four Counties Ring in aid of the End Polio campaign during August.
Sylvia Keris will be walking the entire length of the canal towpaths of the Four Counties Ring - a distance of roughly 120 miles on foot, including the diversion over Harecastle Tunnel. The Four Counties of the ring are Staffordshire, Cheshire, Shropshire and West Midlands, and she will be walking anti-clockwise along the route, beginning and ending in Stone in Staffordshire. The route takes in the Trent and Mersey canal, the Middlewich canal branch, the Shropshire Union canal and the Staffs and Worcester Canal.
The walk is to raise funds for Rotary's End Polio campaign, and a webgiving page for sponsorship donations has been set up. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SylviaKerisWalk
The stages of the walk, with approximate distances are:
Day 1. Stone to Festival Park 11 miles JO
2. Festival park to Day 2 of walk will end at Broughton Arms (Rode Heath). 10 miles KS
3. Broughton Arms (Rode Heath). to Middlewich Jtn. 12 miles
4. Middlewich Jtn to Barbridge Jtn 11 miles MC
5. Barbridge Jtn to Hawksmoor Bridge (Nr Adderley) 12.5 miles
6. Hawksmoor Bridge to Cadbury Wharf (Nr. Knighton) 11 miles SG
7. Cadbury Wharf to High Onn Bridge (Church Eaton) 11.5 miles JM
8. Church Eaton to Autherley Jtn. (Nr. Pendeford) 11 miles
9. Autherley Jtn to Penkridge Lock 11 miles L
10. Penkridge Lock to Gt. Haywood Jtn 10 miles
11. Gt. Haywood Jtn to Stone 10 miles JB
If you wish to support this campaign or walk a part please use the form below.
The Treasurer, Steve Groom, of the Rotary club of Eccleshall Mercia, will be acting as a point of contact with Sylvia during the walk. For prior information, you can contact either Steve, or Sylvia by e-mail: email@example.com
A map of the route is shown below: