Thames Valley Pub Quiz Championship
Friday 20th March 2020 Entry Forms Now Available
Thames Valley Pub Quiz Championship 2020
Friday 20th March 2020
We are delighted to welcome you to our popular annual THAMES VALLEY PUB QUIZ CHAMPIONSHIP. It takes place on Friday 20th March 2020 with Tim Brooke Taylor being our entertaining quiz master.
A fish and chip supper, included in the entry fee, will be served at half time. A bar will run throughout the event with Rebellion Real ale being on tap at pub prices and house red and white wine at reasonable prices. Many excellent prizes can be won in the raffle on the night.
The cost of entry per person is £20, £18 pp if paid by 31st January. The event is very popular and the maximum number of teams we can accommodate is 40 so please book your table well in advance to avoid disappointment. Teams can be up to 8 and anyone can enter a team, not just pubs.
The winning team receives the large Shield which they will keep for a year and each winning player receives an individual plaque. Runners up and 3rd place teams receive certificates signed by Tim Brooke-Taylor and the President of the Rotary Club.
The event, organised by the Rotary Club of Maidenhead Thames, raises money for the Thames Valley Adventure Playground for disabled children in Taplow, Maidenhead, and for other local charities supported by the Rotary Club.
Briefly the quiz night will run as follows: ·
- Arrival and Registration: 7:00pm for a 7:30pm start.
- First half consists of 4 rounds, 10 questions in each round on specialist subjects plus 2 table question sheets of 10 questions per sheet (pictures, anagrams, Dingbats etc. These will be collected at the end of the first half.
- At half time a Fish and Chip supper will be served and winning raffle tickets will be announced.
- The second half will follow the same format as the first.
- The presentation of prizes will be approximately 10:30. Raffle winners can collect their prizes as soon as the quiz ends.