The Rayleigh 10k Run 2020 -
Sun 5th April 2020 at 09.00 - 14.00
The Rotary Club of Rayleigh Mill are pleased to announce that we will be organising the fourth annual Rayleigh 10k cross-country run to take place on Sunday 5th April 2020 with all profits going to Rotary charities.
From this year onwards we are naming this event "The Bill Hughes Memorial 10k", in memory of one of our club's founder members, past Treasurer and also President in 2011-12, who sadly passed away in August. Bill was an enthusiastic supporter of this event and is very much missed by all his friends in Rotary.
The course will follow the same route as for the previous 3 years, starting and finishing at Belchamps Scout Activity Centre and will follow a circular route through Hockley Woods, Grove Woods, Cherry Orchard Park and Gusted Hall Woods, using pathways and bridleways and will be chip timed.To enter please click here. Please go to our Facebook page (click here) for further information and discussion.
A huge thank-you to Palmers Solicitors (www.palmerslaw.co.uk) for their very geneorus sponsorship contribution.
Entrance fees are £14 for UKA affiliated entrants and £16 for non-affiliated entrants. If you are a UK Athletics affiliated athlete please ensure that you enter your UKA Affiliation Number in the box provided to ensure that you pay the correct entry price. When you enter, you will be asked to provide an estimated finish time, which will be used to allocate race numbers and chips.
Race limit: 550 entrants
Time limit: 2 hours
Trophies will be awarded to the first, second and third place finishers for both male and female categories, as well as to the first place male and female veterans. A medal will be presented to all finishers.
Water stations will be at approximately 5km and at the finish. Hot and cold drinks and a selection of hot and cold food will be available to purchase at Belchamps.
There is a course map and a video showing photos of the course that was taken shortly before the 2018 event in April.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS:-
1. The start and finish of the run is at Belchamps Scout Activity Centre, Holyoak Lane, Hawkwell, Essex SS5 4JD. Access to Belchamps is via Main Road/Poplars Avenue/Woodside Chase/Holyloak Lane (it is sign-posted on Main Road). Please do not use Mount Bovers Lane for either access or parking, as this is a private unmade road. Alternative access from Main Road is via Hawkwell Chase/Elmwood Avenue/Woodside Chase/Holyloak Lane or Tudor Way/Hawkwell Chase/Elmwood Avenue/Woodside Chase/Holyloak Lane.
2. Car Parking: There will be approximately 150 car parking spaces available at Belchamps, provided that the ground is firm enough to allow parking on grass. If not, it will be reduced to approximately 50 spaces at Belchamps. Alternative parking for up to 50 cars is available at Clements Hall Leisure Centre, Clements Hall Way, Hawkwell SS5 4LN, which is approximately 1 mile from Belchamps by car and 15 minutes walk. If you use on-street parking in the vicinity of Belchamps, please park considerately and ensure that access for residents and emergency vehicles is not restricted in any way. It would be appreciated if you could car-share or arrange to be dropped-off, where possible.
3. Registration: Check-in will open at 9am and the run will start at 10:30am. On arrival, please go to the registration desk in the marquee to collect your race number and chip. Please bring the confirmation for your entry. Please arrive in good time to allow enough time for the check-in procedure and for you to complete the mandatory “Competitor Information” on the reverse of your race number.
4. Race numbers: Your race and chip number will be allocated based on the ‘Estimated Finish Time’ that you supplied when you entered, with the fastest estimated time being allocated number 1. There will be a single start.
5. Bags: Your race number will have a tear-off strip to attach to your bag. Bag storage will be in the marquee by the registration desk.
6. Headphones: In accordance with UKA rules, in-ear or over-the-ear headphones are not to be used during this event but bone conducting headphones can be used.
7. Dogs: dogs are not allowed on the course.
8. Emergency and medical assistance during the race: In case of emergency or for medical assistance the number for Race Control is 07741 485253. Marshals also have this number.
9. General: By entering this event you warrant that to the best of your knowledge that you are medically fit to do so and that you have no medical disability that could endanger yourself or others by taking part and will not run if you are unfit on the day. You understand and agree that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness, however caused as a consequence of entering this event. You agree that during the run you will obey the marshals’ instructions.
10. Cancellations and transfers: Cancellations and transfers of entries will be allowed up until two weeks prior to the event and a refund of the entry fee will be given. Cancellations and transfers will not be possible and no refunds will be given after 22nd March 2020.
11. To contact the organisers please email: firstname.lastname@example.org