Of course, like everyone else, we are waiting on the exact details of the proposed new rules, so although we’re forging on with the logistics, we’re not yet able to guarantee we’ll be out and about with Santa.
As well as the Covid-19 challenges, we are also dependant on the weather, so please don’t promise a Santa fan.
Instead, keep an eye on this website, or follow us on Facebook for up to date information. We will post on the day of each planned visit to say if we are going ahead.
Just a reminder that we are doing things very differently this year:
· We won’t be knocking on doors, but instead we are putting leaflets through doors on the route, so if you’ve had a leaflet through your door, you’ll know the date of our visit. We will post here when we’ve delivered leaflets, so if you live on the estate mentioned and haven’t had a leaflet, that means we don’t come down your road.
· Please wait by your door or near the edge of your property to see Santa. Please only wait in household groups, and keep social distance from others and our volunteers.
· We’re not sure how the changes will affect our timing, so listen out for us, or follow us – this year we are introducing a Santa tracker – come back soon for more information about this.
· We are still supporting Willen Hospice, and this year donations are more important than ever as their fundraising income is 50% down on usual.
· Please donate to us online if you can – we have a Just Giving page, and you can also donate via our Facebook page. If you can choose which way to donate, then please consider using Facebook, as no fees are taken off your donation.
· If you aren’t able to donate before we come, we will have the QR code that links to our Just Giving page with us. We’ll also carry card readers for contact-less donations. We will be able to accept cash too, but if you have another way of donating, for everyone’s safety, please choose that.
more We have been out delivering leaflets to let residents know where we hope to visit with our Santa float.