Rotary Club of Millom Privacy Notice
Privacy - Millom Rotary Club
Millom Rotary Club holds and processes some personal data about its members.
Type of Personal Data
· Details of members’ names, addresses, partner’s names, email addresses and telephone numbers are held on the club database.Reason for holding the data
1. This data is held for the purpose of communicating with members quickly and effectively.
2. We hold this data because it is in our legitimate interest to do so - without it communication between members would be impossible.
Access to the data
· The only persons with access to this data are other Rotarians and the national and international Rotary organisations.
· The data is not shared without anyone outside the Rotary organisation.
· Access is password protected.
· Upon joining the club members give their permission for this information to be stored.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.