Rotary Club of Ripon Privacy Notice
- Issued by THE ROTARY CLUB OF RIPON
1.The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR“).
2. The Rotary Club of Ripon (“ the Club “) is the data controller and decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. The Club complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining data without legitimate reasons for doing so; by protecting data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure and by ensuring that the appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
4. The Club uses your personal data for the following purposes:-
(a) for membership administration;
(b) for communication of news, events and activities associated with Rotary membership and other events which may be of interest to you;
5. The legal basis for processing your personal data is your explicit consent or the processing of it is necessary to comply with legal obligations. Personal financial information may be collected in specific circumstances where lawful and necessary (e.g. in order to process payment of money ) and criminal records information may also be collected in order to carry out a DBS check ,if necessary.
6. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Club for purposes connected with the Club. The Club will not share your data with third parties without your consent.
7. You have the following rights in respect of your personal data :-
(a) the right to request a copy of your data and to obtain information about its processing ;
(b) the right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date;
(c) the right to request that your data be erased ;
(d) the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time;
(e) the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data;
(f) the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
(g) the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office;
(h) rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
8. If the Club wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Data Protection Statement, then the Club will provide you with a notice explaining the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, the Club will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. To exercise the relevant rights, or to ask questions or lodge complaints, please contact the Club’s Secretary in the first instance. You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113, or via email (https://ico.org .uk/ ,or at the Information Commissioner’s Office,Wycliffe House,Water Lane, Wilmslow,Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.