Rotary Club of Meriden Privacy Notice
For the purpose of this policy, “RI” is “Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International” and with “we”, “our”, “us” or “the Rotary Club” we mean “The Rotary Club of Meriden”.
As we knowingly collect your personal data, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws that regulate data protection and privacy. This includes, without limitation, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) ("GDPR") and any national laws that implement or regulate the collection, processing and privacy of your personal data.
This Policy describes the types of data we may collect from you or that you may provide and describes our policies and practices for collecting, using, protecting, disclosing and destruction of that data.
We collect several types of personal data that can be used to identify you ("Personal Data"), including your: name, postal address, email address, telephone number or other sensitive information that might identify you.
Depending on the type of interaction that you have with us, we may also collect: Gender, Birth date, Marital status, Spouse's or parents' name, Occupation, Employer, Photographs/Images.
We collect data from the following sources:
- · Users of our Website
- · Members of the Rotary Club
- · People who participate in Rotary Club programs, such as, but not limited to, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (if applicable, with the consent of parents or legal guardians) and the like
- · Donors to our charity account
- · People who participate in a Rotary Club event
We collect this data:
- · Directly when you provide it to us through any interaction offline or in person
- · From our website
- · From RI, Rotary District 1060, Rotary of Great Britain & Ireland and partner organizations
- · Automatically as you navigate through our Website (data collected automatically may include usage details)
- · IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies
- · When you become a member of a Rotary club or Rotaract club
- · When you use our services
- · When you participate in our programs or sign up for and/or attend any events that we host
- · From third parties we contract with to provide services on our behalf, such as event organizers, travel service
- · When you interact with us in another way, for example, contacting us with an inquiry
- · From publicly available resources
- · Contact us to make an inquiry, including an inquiry about membership
- · Join the Rotary Club or any associated Rotaract or Interact club
- · When you use our services
- · Register on Rotary International website
- · Use services on our Website, including:
- o Donating to the Rotary Club’s charity
- o Register for any of our events online
- · Register for Rotary Club events
- · Provide personal data on paper or electronic forms
- · Submit applications for programs such as scholarships
You also may provide data to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. We limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for this data from your account profile. However, we cannot control the actions of other Website users with whom you may choose to share your User Content.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- · Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website
- · Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
When you are not signed in to a My Rotary account, the data collected in this way is anonymous. It is aggregated into statistical data to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
When you are signed in to a My Rotary account, we collect usage data that is tied to your individual account. This data is collected to improve site functionality and to tailor site behaviour and content to you, and we process this personal data in accordance with this Policy.
You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- · To present our Website and its contents to you
- · To provide you with information or services that you request from us
- · To offer and fulfill our core business purposes, which include:
o Fulfilling our obligation to Rotarians and other individuals
o Financial processing
o Facilitating event planning
o Supporting the programs and membership of the Rotary Club
o Complying with any legal obligations
- · To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and have given your consent
- · To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- · To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- · In any other way we may describe when you provide the personal data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose aggregated data about our users or data that cannot be used to identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose the personal data that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to:
- · The Rotary Club in which you are a member (if applicable)
We may also disclose your personal data:
- · To comply with a court order, law, or legal process, or respond to a government or regulatory request
- · If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of members, participants in this Rotary Club’s programs and events, this Rotary Club, Rotary District 1060, RI, or others
We may disclose your personal data to certain third-party organizations that are processing data solely in accordance with our instructions ("Data Processors"), such as companies and/or organizations that support our business and operations (for example, providers of web or database hosting, IT support, payment providers, event organizers, agencies we use to conduct fraud checks, or mail management service providers), as well as professionals we use such as lawyers, insurers, auditors, or accountants. We use only those Data Processors that can guarantee to us that they have put adequate safeguards in place to protect the personal data they process on our behalf; these guarantees are established by entering data processing agreements that contain appropriate data transfer mechanisms (such as the inclusion of "Standard Contractual Clauses") or provisions where the Data Processors state they are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework).
In certain circumstances, for example, if you travel on Rotary business, we may also disclose your personal data to third parties called "Data Controllers." These third parties may include travel agencies, airlines, car rental agencies, and hotels. Because of the nature of the business of the Data Controllers, they will make their own determinations as to how they process your personal data. As Data Controllers, they are required to follow the EU Data Protection Law and are required to protect personal data with adequate safeguards and provide you with notice if their processing goes beyond the instructions Rotary provided. The types of external third-party Data Controllers listed above may handle your personal data in accordance with their own procedures, and you should check the relevant privacy policies of these companies or organizations to understand how they may use your personal data.
Other than as described above, we will treat your personal data as private and will not routinely disclose it to third parties without your knowing about it. The exceptions are in relation to legal proceedings or where we are legally required to do so and cannot tell you (such as a criminal investigation). We always aim to ensure that your personal data is used only by third parties we deal with for lawful purposes and who observe the principles of EU Data Protection Law.
You may access and correct your data by:
- · Visiting your account profile page on My Rotary, if you are a registered user on our Website. See Rotary's Frequently Asked Questions for additional information
- · Contact us (see end of this policy) to request access to, correct, or delete any personal data that you have provided
We may choose not to accommodate a request to change or delete data if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the data to be incorrect.
Rotary retains your personal data for as long as necessary in the circumstances — for instance:
- · As long you are a member of our or any other Rotary club or have a relationship with us
- · For a reasonable period to send you donation information, program information, and marketing materials where we have regular contact with you
- · As may be needed to enforce or defend contract claims or as is required by applicable law.
The criteria we use for determining the relevant retention and disposal periods are based on the purpose for which we hold data and the reasonable expectations of those whose personal data we collect in these circumstances, taking into account various legislative requirements and guidance issued by relevant EU and UK regulatory authorities.
In accordance with the above retention policy, the personal data that we no longer need will be disposed of and/or anonymized so you can no longer be identified from it.
To preserve Rotary's history and legacy, we retain historical and archival information about our club, which may also include limited personal data of its members.
In accordance with your legal rights under EU Data Protection Law, you have a "subject access request" right, under which you can request information about the personal data that we hold about you, what we use that personal data for and who it may be disclosed to, as well as certain other information.
Usually we will have one month to respond to a subject access request. However, we reserve the right to verify your identity, and we may, in case of complex requests, require an additional two months to respond. We may also charge for administrative time in dealing with any manifestly unreasonable or excessive requests. We may also require additional information to locate the specific data you seek, and certain legal exemptions under EU Data Protection Law may apply when we respond to your subject access request.
Under EU Data Protection Law, EU/EEA residents also have the following rights, which you may exercise by making a request to us in writing:
- · That we correct your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- · That we erase your personal data without undue delay if we no longer need to hold or process it
- · To object to any automated processing (if applicable) that we carry out in relation to your personal data
- · To object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing
- · To object to and/or to restrict the use of your personal data for a purpose other than those set out above unless we have a compelling legitimate reason
- · That we transfer personal data to another party where the personal data has been collected with your consent or is being used to perform services under a contract with you and is being processed by automated means
So we can fully comply, please note that these requests may also be forwarded to third-party data processors that are involved in the processing of your personal data on our behalf.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the information at the end of this policy.
If you make a request and are not satisfied with our response, or you believe that we are illegally processing your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner in the United Kingdom.
We retain personal data identifying you for as long as necessary, for instance, as long as you are a member of a club or have a relationship with us, or as may be needed to enforce or defend contract claims or as is required by applicable law. Personal data that we no longer need will be disposed of and/or anonymized so you can no longer be identified from it.
Our Website and our Club is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from or about children without parental consent. Children should not use or provide any personal data on our Website, or on or through any of its features, register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website, or provide to us any personal data about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from a child, we will delete that personal data. If you believe we might have any personal data from or about a child, please contact us using the information at the end of this policy.
Your personal information provide on our website will be hosted securely within the UK by Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland and by RI.
However, Rotary International runs its operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to the same data protection laws as organisations based in the UK, we will make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you understand your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed at a location outside the EEA. You can view Rotary International’s privacy notice by visiting their website here: rotary.org/privacy.
We may change, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. These modifications shall take effect immediately on being posted on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is noted at the bottom of the page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy for any changes.
If you have any questions about our privacy protection practices, please contact us at our club meeting venue or by any of the following methods:
You can contact us using the contact facility on our website by clicking here.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By postal mail:Rotary Club of Meriden
c/o The Manor Hotel
As we meet every Tuesday evening, except after a Bank Holiday at The Manor Hotel, you can use the above address for any correspondence.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.