Rotary Club of Wensleydale
Home | Rotary Foundation Charity
The Rotary Foundation is the charitable trust fund of Rotary International. In simple terms it is OUR charity and it belongs to every one of us who holds membership of any Rotary club world-wide.
The Wensleydale Club is a strong supporter of Foundation, particularly Polio Plus, which aims to eradicate Polio from the world. We also like to host Group Study Exchange (GSE) students from all over the world, as well as finding suitable candidates who will benefit from being part of a GSE team visiting other countries. We supported one going to California, and another to Tanzania, while we had a team from Tanzania to stay with us for a week in April 2009. In 2010 we enjoyed having a lively team from Brazil stay with us, while in 2012 we had an intersting young team from Venezuela.
For more information, check out the headings listed on the left, or click on Polio Plus to be taken directly to the relevant RIBI page.
Click on GSE Teams for information about this educational programme.
- GSE Team from Venezuela
- Bring & Share Supper with Venezualean Visitors
- GSE Team visit from New Zealand
- The Club receives the District Rotary Foundation Award
- GSE team from Brazil arrives in Wensleydale
- Rotarians packed bags at Tesco's
- Presentation of Paul Harris Fellowships
- Rotary Polio Plus Lunch
- GSE Team from Africa visits Wensleydale
- Polio Plus
- What is Rotary Foundation?