Working with Young People
Youth Service recognises the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities, service projects, and exchange programs
Knights Templar School Interact Club 2015/16
Secretary: Connor Smith
Treasurer: Katie Winzer
RotaKids Clubs provide a fun way for 7 to 12 year olds with energy, enthusiasm and great ideas to make a difference. They are based in local schools and work with Rotary clubs on projects which could be anything from fundraising to sponsored events.
RotaKids are the youngest members of the Rotary family and they provide a unique opportunity for Rotarians,schools and young people to work together. RotaKids believe that achievement, peace and fun go hand in hand.
RotaKids really add to the great work already going on in schools. They learn about leadership and how to make their own decisions and with the help from teachers and Rotary, they put their ideas into action. RotaKids also bring an exciting and practical approach to their support of the citizenship element of the curriculum by committing to make a difference in their own community and in those around the world.
The Baldock Rotary Club are delighted with the progres with Etonbury Academy It is great to know that it supported by the Academy and by the Rotary Club of Baldock. The RotaKids Club was up and running in April 2014. This is third Club to be set up in our District.
Sorry: No pictures of the team as they are all very young and the school does not allow pictures to be used
Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) (RYLA(
Is Rotary's leadership training program for young people. RYLA participants can be ages 14-30. RYLA emphasies leadership, citizenship, and personal growth, and aims to:
- Demonstrate Rotary's respect and concern for youth
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth and potential leaders
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth
- Recognise publicly young people who are rendering service to their communities
Baldock Rotary aim to identify one candidate each year that they feel has the right attributes to benefit from The RYLA experience.
Baldock Rotary Support for Young People
Each year Rotarians give their time to help students at Knights Templar prepare themselves for life after school. The support is provided in two ways:
- Mock Interviews are held which help the student prepare for job/university applications
- Enterprise Day - this day is run by the school to challenge the students with a technology project. Our Rotarians give their time to assist with the facilitation of the day
- SATs support at Etonbury Academy, Stotfold