Welcome to the site for Rotary in Beds, Bucks and Herts.
Rotary is an organisation that provides ordinary people with extraordinary opportunities to do more with their lives than they ever thought possible. Opportunities come along all the time but the trick is to be able to recognise that opportunity. The only difference between a small opportunity and a great one is what you do with it.
Rotarians within the 57 clubs of this district are presented with opportunities every day - we have been fortunate this year to have witnessed many of those small opportunities grow into something of lasting benefit to individuals and communities both at home and abroad.
The Rotary Foundation, our charity, is an ideal vehicle to be able to transform an opportunity in this Centenary year of The Rotary Foundation. Clubs in District 1260 have been very active with grants both District and Global in doing good in the world. District grants have been used to supplement club funds by:
- Funding young people to paint classrooms in Nepal.
- Sending mosquito nets to Cambodia
- Providing football equipment for impaired youths and adults.
- Sending Literary Boxes and ShelterBoxes to various parts of the world following disasters.
- Providing art materials for Romanian children and many more similar causes.
Global Grants this year have included:
- Supplying clean water to remote villages in Madagascar.
- Assisting a young doctor to further his knowledge and skills with a scholarship to Yale University.
- Providing medical equipment to a hospital in Pakistan.
- Bore holes for clean water in Zimbabwe.
- Hosting 9 Global Scholars on behalf of 'Rotary in London' District 1130.
By reversing a Global Grant we have, with financial assistance from the Rotary Club of Bloomington, Minnesota, provided 15 Public Access Defibrillators at locations nominated by clubs across our three counties.
Clubs in District 1260 have been very supportive of the Rotary in Britain and Ireland 'Purple4Polio' awareness campaign - planting 10,000 crocus corms, organising Jam and Tea events and displaying the children's iron lung at many events and venues.
This initiative has almost doubled our annual contribution to End Polio Now.
If you need to access the old site please use the following link:
Rotarians you need to login using either your Club Template or RIBI Username and Password details to access the Members Only section of the site.