In line with recent Government recommendations, the Rotary Club of Billericay regrets to announce that it has suspended all events and all face to face meetings until further notice.
Our apologies to anybody who had planned to visit us, but if you need any information on our activities or wish to be informed when we restart our meetings, please email us by clicking on the button below.
at Reids (formerly the Ivory Rooms), Laindon Rd. Billericay.
During the Crisis we meet over ZOOM at 2 pm each Monday.
We’re a small, friendly club of enthusiastic and active volunteers who want to enjoy ourselves and give our time and talents to help others both locally and overseas.
The Rotary motto is “Service above Self”, and we are people from all walks of life who share a common interest in helping others.
Please click below for the latest edition of our Newsletter
Some of these karts got some serious air...
We operate a charity - The Rotary Club of Billericay Benevolent Fund (Reg. No. 292276) and support many activities both locally, nationally and internationally. If you are willing to help us by making a donation please click on the donation button below.
We make major donations to support local charities and organizations in need.
Made charitable donations to charities totalling approx. £40,000 including:
- £4716 - End Polio Now
- £4597 - Essex Air Ambulance
- £4.000 – to both Little Havens Hospice and Médecins Sans Frontières
- £2,500 – Ciamanda Primary School, Kenya
- £1,250 to local Schools
Other amounts ranged from:
- £1,770 – Shelter Box
- £1, 501 – Rotary’s own Charity - Rotary Foundation
- £1.035 – Life Straws
- £1.000 - School in a Bag, Ramsden Hall School, Quilters Junior School
- £956 – St Luke’s Hospice
- £750 – Billericay Town Council for the “Tommy”
- £594 – Mary’s Meals;
- £500 - BOSP, Gambia Hospital, Aquabox , RIBI India Flood Appeal,
And £5470 in many smaller donations of under £500.
- Supported multiple initiatives in the local community including planning for the “Young Chef” competition, supporting our local junior school RotaKids club and senior school Interact club, holding a “Know Your own Blood Pressure” testing event, and running a highly successful “Kids Out” trip for disabled children.
- Helped other local charitable clubs with their events including the Rotary Club of Billericay Mayflower’s Summerfest and Christmas Market (at which we had a major presence), the Rotary Club of Basildon Concord’s Mayfest, the Billericay Fun Walk, the Billericay Round Table’s Guy Fawkes Fireworks Display in Lake Meadows park and Billericay Lions Christmas Santa Sleigh collection.
- Supported International initiatives in promoting Rotary International’s “End Polio Now” campaign through the press, the internet, Facebook and Twitter which generated tweets around the world.
- Held fundraising events of which by far the most significant was our 2017 Soapbox Derby in May 2017, to which over 8,500 people attended and over 40 soapbox teams participated - including teams from local businesses, schools but also from as far away as Lancashire.
- If you are like us, and want to enjoy yourselves, make new friends, listen to interesting speakers, and at the same time, give something back to the community, then you can join us in making this happen. We’re looking for more men and women of all ages and backgrounds to join us and use their time, talents, professional skills and energy to improving the lives of people in their local communities and others around the world.
Join us and help to make a difference.
If you would like to meet us or get more information
Call Peter Strong on +44 1277 654501
or email him
Alternatively, if you need to contact our President or Secretary, then you can do so clicking on their titles below:
The Rotary Club of Billericay.
(If you have any queries, complaints or suggestions with respect to this website then please do contact us by email:)
Meetings and events happening soon
Mon, Mar 8th 2021 2:00 pm
The Speaker today is Rtn. Norman Wilson
Norman's subject is Amy Johnson
Mon, Mar 15th 2021 2:00 pm
The Speaker today is Tony Bell
Tony will be talking about the Hubble Telescope.
Mon, Mar 22nd 2021 2:00 pm
The speaker today is Anna Phillips
Anna is Community Fundraising Executive for the Children's Air Ambulance
Mon, Mar 29th 2021 2:00 pm
The Speaker today is Peter Hickey
Peter is Supporter Engagement Officer for Mary’s Meals UK and will be talking about his Charity's work in Ethiopia
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.