Rotary Club of Jersey-de la Manche - welcome! Please scroll/swipe down through this page to find out more about us, in addition to the pages linked in the menu, top-left.
Two Shelterboxes Donated to the Indonesian Tsunami Appeal
Acting through the local Shelterbox Volunteer Representative for the Channel Islands, Katrina Rondel, two more Shelterboxes are now en route to Indonesia, donated by Rotary Club De La Manche.details
The Club has a fund raising project called the Mootilda Project. All products carry images of the Jersey Cow as you have never seen them beforedetails
We were formed in 1985, are members of Rotary District 1110 which covers most of Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, the Channel Islands and parts of Dorset and Wiltshire. We have 45+ members and are an active Club with a range of long-standing projects which have consistently benefited our community and beyond.
We meet at 6.15pm on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel (directions and map here). Visiting Rotarians are welcome to join us by contacting our Secretary Annette Blanchet in advance on 01534 887872 or at email@example.com
Our key projects / events include:
- A bi-annual Farm Family Fun Day at La Ferme Farm, the home of Jersey’s largest dairy herd. A fantastic day out for all the family encompassing tractor and trailer rides, a nature trail, dairy tours, games and animal viewings along with live music and food stalls. The last one raised £15k for two local charities.
- The sourcing and sale of a “Mootilda” range of themed goods for the local and tourist markets based on a Jersey cow with all profits going to local causes.
- Support of the TMF Island Walk which raises in excess of £80k each year.
- The donating of Shelterboxes and Aquaboxes to countries when natural disasters strike with the former providing shelter and key survival equipment for 10 people (click here for more) and the latter water purification equipment and humanitarian aid.
- Polio Plus - working with Rotary world-wide to help raise funds to pursue Rotary’s aim to eradicate polio.
- The Christmas Shoebox Appeal entailing the sourcing and dispatch of over 1,000 boxes of gifts each year to disadvantaged children in Eastern Europe and beyond.
- Jersey Christmas Appeal – we work with other service clubs to raise funds for those in need at Christmas including the organisation of the “Biggest Car Boot Sale” at Fort Regent (click here for more) and a “Radio Auction”.
- The Lieutenant-Governor’s Cadet Award evening which provides a platform for young Islanders to showcase their presentational skills.
Meetings and events happening soon
Tue, Dec 1st 2020 6:00 pm
Council Meeting by Zoom
Sun, Dec 6th 2020 9:00 am
RCDLM & BBC Jersey Christmas Appeal Radio Auction
Our annual Radio Auction in Partnership with BBC Radio Jersey is scheduled for December. By selling donated lots in the auction we annually raise in the region of £50,000 for the Jersey Christmas Appeal.
Tue, Dec 15th 2020 6:15 pm
Christmas Party at the Radisson
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.