Located approximately 11 miles from the centre of Bristol, Yate and District Rotary Club is a dual-gender club of approximately 20 members.
We are an energetic group, which proves to be very beneficial, as our main fundraising activity each year is the annual South Cotswold Beer Festival. We also organise a successful annual quiz night which is held at The Yate International Academy and our Tree of Light, which is illuminated in Yate Shopping Centre from late November.
Other projects of ours have seen us supporting Aqua Boxes, Shelter Boxes, Life Straws, Kids Out, The Chernobyl Children's Lifeline Trust. We also support numerous local charities, such as Yate foodbank, Paul's Place, and many more.
Members of Yate and District Rotary Club enjoy lots of fun and fellowship (often accompanied by our partners), whilst at the same time supporting Rotary, both within the community and on an international scale. We have been very supportive in the eradication of POLIO throughout the world.
To catch-up on our latest Club news, please visit our Blog over on our main site.
To contact us please mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To book in for a meeting, please phone Ken Hopley on 07914 156473 to arrange to join a meeting. Currently, however we meet via internet.
Meetings are generally held on Thursday evenings and vary in nature. Before COVID restrictions our meetings were as follows:
· 1st Thursday of the month we meet at 7.30 p.m. for 8.00 p.m. when we sit down for a two course meal followed by a speaker. For details of the speaker please contact the above. The topics could be anything!
· 2nd Thursday No official meeeting takes place but sometimes committee meetings are held
· 3rd Thursday we meet at 7.30 p.m. for 8.00 p.m. again for dinner followed by a speaker but this time it is less formal.
· 4th Thursday Council meets at 7.15 p.m. which is followed by a Club Business meeting at 8.00 p.m.
· When there is a 5th Thursday we invite our partners to join us in an activity that is enjoyed by all.
We meet on Thursdays at 1930 for 20:00(1st Thurs - formal meal meeting with speaker 2nd Thurs - fellowship meeting [venue may change please check) 3rd Thurs - informal meal meeting 4th Thurs - 7.15 p.m. council & 8.00 p.m. business meeting 5th Thursday - with partners for social event) The New Inn
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.