We hold several entertaining fund raising events in Doncaster. You help us to make a difference by supporting these, including:
- The Doncaster Classic Car and Bike Show takes place in June/July each year and is organised by our club and the Traditional Car Club of Doncaster. See our featured page on this site and also our car show website for more details: https://doncasterclassiccarshow.org/
- Santa's sleigh in Doncaster sees us bringing santa to the children of Balby, Wheatley, Belle View, Intake and Wheatley Hills during December
- Dragon boat challenge organised in partnership with Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council
Making a difference - giving in Doncaster
- Our annual Community Grants Scheme helps make a real difference to local charities/groups in and around our community. We have helped a whole range of charities and good causes ranging from groups who support the young, the elderely, disadvantaged, through to those needing emotional support.
- COVID Memorial Wood - Great example of Doncaster Rotarians, Rotary Foundation, DMBC, Doncaster College, Doncaster Club Foundation, and Conservation Volunteers working together to remember those who were impacted by Covid by creating a Memorial Wood. 1,500 tree saplings were planted by volunteers from Doncaster Club Foundation and Doncaster College and the three Rotary Clubs. Three benches with plaques to remember those who succumbed to Covid have also now been installed, funded by the local Rotarians. The wood was opened in May 2022 by local MP Dame Rosie Winterton and Mayor Ross Jones.
Making a difference - Internationally
- The work of Rotary, including the PolioPlus programme to eliminate polio
- Our links with the Rotary Club of Hemer, Germany
- Our project to provide Freeplay Foundation radios
Making a difference through fellowship - the Social side of Rotary
- Charter Night
- Ale train
- Dinner parties
- "Walkers Walks"
- Rugby trips