Rotary Club of Doncaster St. George's Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice and Policy
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation and the current Data Protection Act (the “GDPR”).
The Rotary Club of Doncaster St George’s and two associated organisations the Rotary Club of Doncaster St George’s Charitable Trust and Rotary Club of Doncaster St George’s (Events) Limited (“the Rotary Organisations”) are the data controllers for data and relevant information retained or processed by those organisations respectively. This means they individually decide how your personal data is processed by them and for what purposes.
The Rotary Organisations comply with their obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes: –
· To enable events and activities to be held;
· To administer membership records;
· To fundraise for charitable purposes;
· To manage volunteers;
· To maintain accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
· To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by the Rotary Organisations or by others which we think may interest you
· Your explicit consent to the Rotary Organisations using your personal data for the purposes above or as agreed with you.
· Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations or other bases permitted by the law and regulations;
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared between the Rotary Organisations in order to carry out the purposes above. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
We keep data until we believe you no longer wish to be involved with the purposes above or you tell us you no longer want us to hold it. Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Club holds about you;
· The right to request that the Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Rotary Organisations to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
· The right to request that the data controller provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable;
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction be placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice and Policy or your consent, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Club Secretary Ken Sykes who can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 106 Stoops Lane, Doncaster, DN4 7RY
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Rotary Club of Doncaster St George’s Club
Rotary Club of Doncaster St George’s Charity Trust (Registered charity number 1046140)
Rotary Club of Doncaster St George’s Events Limited (company number 10044934
Registered Office: 33 – 35 Thorne Rd,
Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN1 2HD
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.