Thame & Villages Santa Fun Run
Fri 4th December 2020 at 12.00 pm - Thu 31st December 2020 - 12.00 pm
The virtual Thame and Villages Santa Fun Run will be taking place during the month of December. The funds raised will go towards Thame & District Rotary local charities of 2020-2021: Thomley, Red Kite Family Centre Thame-Chinnor and Thame Young Carers.
Rotary Club of Thame & District’s is joining other charities in the UK and around the world who run virtual real fundraising events during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The virtual Thame and Villages Santa Fun Run will be taking place during the month of December. The funds raised will go towards Thame & District Rotary local charities of 2020-2021: Thomley, Red Kite Family Centre Thame-Chinnor and Thame Young Carers. Participants have also the option to allocate 50% of their fundraising effort to their preferred UK charity.
What will we offer you?
- A Certificate of Participation from Santa of Thame Rotary
- We will include your stories you may wish to share with us into our press releases sent to the local media on a regular basis
- And a huge THANK YOU! for having fun and raising funds for good causes!
Here is a list of 9 things the participants will need to do:
1. Start your fundraising page on the Thame Santa Fun Run page hosted by Virgin Money Giving. Go to: www.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/ThameSantaFun2020 and click on the “Start Fundraising” buttonand click on the “Start Fundraising” button. Note: donations can also be made towards Thame & District Rotary via the link above.
2. Decide what to do: a 5k run or an easy walk in Thame, Chinnor or wherever in the world you may be. You could even be in your back garden.
3. Decide – are you going to do this as an individual or as a team? Please take into account that you will be unable to be close physically to your team due to the COVID-19 restrictions in the area you live.
4. Ask your friends and family if they would like to sponsor you with a donation.
5. If you have a favourite UK charity, you will need to advise us so that 50% of what you raise is allocated to them. Otherwise, the money raised will go towards Rotary’s preferred charities.
6. Let the world know what you are doing through social media, to try to get extra sponsorship and donations.
7. During the event take pictures or videos and share them with us on www.facebook.com/thamerotary and we will share them further with the social media and include them in our periodical press releases.
8. Read more about our event on www.thame.rotary1090.org as the 2020 event has a completely different format to previous events organised in the area.
Important Information - Please Read:
The safety and health of all participants are essential. In this virtual real event - there are no marshals and no road closures. Entrants must obey the Highway Code at all times.
The event is open to families and individuals subject to local COVID-19 rules. It is strongly recommended that only children over the age of 5 can take part if using public highways. All children running on public highways should be supervised by a responsible adult.
About Thame Rotary at the time of the pandemic
During the time of the pandemic, Rotary Club of Thame & District and Phoenix Community Club members have been meeting safely online and have been welcoming 5 new members since March 2020. The club’s doors are largely open to welcome new volunteer members.
To find out more about the Rotary Club of Thame & District or Phoenix Community Club or how to join, please visit www.thame.rotary1090.org or www.facebook.com/thamerotary or www.facebook.com/phoenixcommunityclubthame