Become a member
If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact the Publicity & Recruitment Leader using the "Contact Us" page on this site or on 01707 890790.
Reasons for Joining Rotary
- Friendship Make friends in your own community and throughout the world. Every Rotarian is welcome to attend any of the 33,000 clubs in more than 200 countries, making friends wherever you are in the world.
- Give back to the community If you like helping others, here is your chance to do something worthwhile and make a difference. Rotary's organisation and contacts help to ensure your contributions will be effective.
- Personal development The club programme keeps members informed about what is going on in the community and the wider world and gives opportunities for practising and developing skills.
- Enjoyment and family Rotary is entertaining and can involve partners and other family members.
- How does the club work? The Lunch Bunch meet every week at Homestead Court Hotel but attendance every week is not expected. Meetings include a meal and there is usually a speaker. The Breakfast Branch meet on 1st and 3rd Thursdays at Moreno's Cafe WGC, you choose food and drink from the menu. All members can get involved in small groups organising community, fund-raising and social activities.
- Who can join? Rotary is open to everyone irrespective of age, gender, race, religion and politics!
- I am retired, can I join? Yes, we have retired members and Rotary helps you to use the extra time you have to the benefit of yourself and others.
- I am still working, can I join? Yes, part of the Club meets mainly at lunchtime and we recognise the difficulty that this may present for working members. We have an evening meeting every month and breakfast meetings twice a month and we hope that all members will enjoy being involved as much as they can.
- I already belong/used to belong to another Rotary Club. Can I join? Yes. Come to a meeting or contact us on the website to arrange a transfer.
- How much time will be involved? There is no fixed requirement but you will get increased enjoyment the more time you spend with the club.
- How much will it cost? The subscription is currently £113 per year for lunch members and £80 for breakfast members. There is a charge for meals of £14 for lunch and £16 in the evening. Breakfast depends on what you choose.
- Are partners involved? Partners are welcome at all meetings, particularly evening meetings. They can take part in most of our activities.
- How do I join? The best way is to contact the Club via the website. The Publicity & Recruitment Leader will get in touch with you, tell you more about the Club and invite you to a meeting as a guest.