The duties of this committee are to:
· encourage Rotarians to serve others through their professions
· practice high ethical standards; Rotarians, as business leaders, are expected to share skills and expertise through their vocations and inspire others in the process
· seek to encourage classification talks at club meetings
· arrange appropriate vocational visits to members' and other local businesses
· actively support District 1010 in the organisation of various competitions and educational projects, in particular Primary School Quiz, Young Chef, Young Musician and Young Photographer Competitions in conjunction with Youth Services Committee
· arrange projects where Rotarians can share knowledge and understanding with young people.
· plan, select and sponsor local persons in personal development e.g. Euroscola and RYLA.
· liaise and coordinate with University as required e.g. annual debate
· assess and develop a plan on how the Club might attract young people to Rotary, those at school and those living and working locally in the community.
• actively support District 1010 in the organisation of the various competitions and educational projects aimed at youth particularly Euroscola, RYLA, Young Writer and youth Exchange in conjunction with Vocational Committee
• ensure that young people in the community are aware of the support which Rotary provides enabling them to benefit from visits and interactions with students from other countries. In doing this they will need the support of the Marketing and Publicity Committee
• assist and guide the local Interact Club as and when required.
• assist and guide the local RotaKids Club as and when required
more Safety & Protection
back How the Club Committees Work