Vocational Service is concerned with the knowledge, skills and talents of Rotarians who use them to develop ethical projects. They are critical to Rotarians as individuals and to the success of Rotary as a whole.
In the Rotary Year 2020-21 the Vocational Service programme for Croydon Rotary Club is dependent to some extent on the coronavirus pandemic. It is hoped to build upon progress already achieved by the club with reference to this important Avenue of Service.
The following activities are proposed:
· Life/Job Talks by any new member so existing members get to know them.
· At least one Vocational Visit to a local place of interest.
· To invite at least one Vocational Speaker to address the Club. January is designated Vocational Service Month.
· To carry out Mock Interviews with sixth-form students from Thomas More School using material developed by Wrexham Erdigg Rotary Club. (Photo above is of the 2019 Mock Interviews)
· Members to use their knowledge/skills/talents to support local organisations including:-
1. Whitehorse Manor Youth Centre;
2. Purley & Coulsdon Clubs for the Elderly (PACE);
3. Croydon Hearing Resources Centre;
4. Croydon Vision;
5. Croydon Playing Fields Association;
6. The Arts Society of Croydon Area (TASCA);
7. Croydon Philatelic Society;
8. Croydon Rotary Clubs Golf Circle (CRCGC).
· To investigate a possible Project that the club can take part in, maybe with an environmental theme.
Some activities may need to be curtailed as a result of government restrictions in response to the coronavirus crisis.
For further information contact Graham Harker, Vocational Chair.
more By Guest Speaker Harriet Judith Harper
more Guest Speaker Tony Rowland
more at Thomas More High School
more Friday 25 May 2018
more The talk given at our
annual Valentine's Partners' Lunch
on Tuesday 13 February 2018
more Presentation to Retiring Secretary
on 23 January 2018
more Tuesday 21 November 2017