The Rotary Work Club in Bexley, Dartford & Gibraltar - launches on 23rd March 2021 to help local unemployed people and those who are worried about losing their jobs.
The 8 Rotary Clubs in the Boroughs of Bexley & Dartford, including Gibraltar are working together to offer free online learning opportunities to people who are unemployed or who felt at risk of unemployment. Participants Rotary Work Club, will learn useful skills to help them to gain new employment or to start a business. The Covid-19 pandemic is having a well-publicised and devastating impact on employment and businesses and the Rotary Work Club was created to help people at this very difficult time.
Why the Work Club?
The present circumstances of the Coronavirus pandemic can make a job search especially challenging. So, it is even more important that you do yourself full justice when applying.
Rotary in Gibraltar and the Boroughs of Bexley & Dartford which comprises the membership of 7 established Rotary Clubs. For all, support for issues that concern our local community is a key priority.
Why might you be looking for a new job just now?
Perhaps you have been made redundant from your previous job?
Or thinking about something that will better suit your abilities or circumstances?
So, how might our Work Club be able to help you?
Our trained volunteer facilitators come from many different professional and business backgrounds and experience. But they share the same purpose – to help you succeed in finding a job that is right for you. We cannot promise the outcome, of course, but gladly offer, free of charge, independent, practical guidance and support on:
• Understanding what your strengths are
• Setting yourself a goal and making a plan
• Where to look for jobs
• Filling in an application form
• Creating your C.V.
• Getting ready for an interview
• How to build your confidence
• Staying motivated
Please understand that we are not a recruitment agency or job brokerage – we don’t look for jobs for candidates or look for candidates for employers. We are also not a job referral scheme, so we don’t connect employers to candidates, or vice versa.
We would normally expect initial enquiries to be by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
In reply, we will ask for some basic information and give you more details.
There will be further support opportunities for Work Club members, to be announced at a later date.
Do be assured that your private discussions with our facilitators will be treated as absolutely confidential.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Rotary Work Club Team
"All Rotary Work Club advice and information is given in good faith. Rotary or volunteers should not be held liable for actions taken as a result of such advice."
Click here to view the Rotary_Work_Club_Privacy_Notice.pdf
PRIVACY NOTICE - ROTARY WORK CLUB
(For the purposes of this privacy notice Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RGBI) also includes Rotary Clubs and Districts and their members)
Members of Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (‘we’) value the trust you put in us to process your personal information and will always be open and honest about the information we collect and how we will use it. We will never do anything with your personal information that you wouldn’t reasonably expect us to in relation to the Rotary Work Club and we will always take every effort to protect your privacy.
The RIBI Privacy Notice is available on our website www.rotarygbi.org and explains how we collect, process and share personal information. This ‘Privacy Notice – Rotary Work Club’ is supplementary to the general RIBI Privacy Notice and explains in more detail how you can expect your personal information to be specifically used in relation to the administration of the Rotary Work Club programme.
How we use your personal information for the Rotary Work Club 1. We are collecting your personal information for the provision and administration of the Rotary Work Club only and it will not be used for any other purpose.
Providing your personal information to others for the Rotary Work Club
2. The personal information will only be shared with others that require it for their role or the services they provide for the organization, administration and provision of the Rotary Work Club programme for participants. This may be at Rotary Club or District level and also includes the personnel leading the workshop sessions and those hosting the Zoom meetings. Participants may become aware of personal information shared by others during the workshop sessions and are expected to keep any such information confidential. Any contact made with you to discuss Public Relations opportunities will obtain your specific consent at that time for the use of your information, such as interviews/photographs for newspaper articles or for Rotary Club or District websites.
Retaining and deleting your personal information
3. All reasonable steps will be taken by those concerned to ensure that the personal information they have access to will be kept securely and will not be shared with anyone who does not have a legitimate reason to have access to it in relation to the organization and administration of the Rotary Work Club. 4. Personal information will be kept on file for 6 months after the conclusion of the final workshop on 20.11.2020. After this date the information will be securely destroyed (either by shredding, incineration or deletion from electronic devices) at Club and District level. The timeframe is necessary to allow for any disputes to be settled before personal information is destroyed.
Unless you advise the Rotary Work Club that you do NOT accept this statement of our Data Protection policy and procedures, the Rotary Work Club will consider that you agree to them.
'What We Do' Main Pages:
Do you live in Bexley ,Dartford and Gibraltar ? Have you lost your job through Covid? Is your job at risk? We can help you with: ● Getting back on your feet ● CV writing ● Job Search ● Interview skills ● Starting your own businessmore