Rotary Foundation's campaign for the eradication of polio is well published and is supported the Rotary Club of Crowthorne and Supports this but each year the Club President nominates a charity or charities and who receive a major portion of the money raised. These are generally charities whose focus is on community activities. The Club also supports many other varied charitable causes both local, national & international. We also reduce emphasis or change our charitable causes on an annual basis, and this is done democratically within the club.
2019 / 21, our last complete year of activity due to the pandemic, those benefitted from our donations included.
The President’s Charities were:
· Salvation Army & Pilgrim Hearts, both supporting the vulnerable and homeless in our communities.
Other supported included:
· BBC Pudsey Appeal – (Children in Need)
· Bracknell & District Citizens Advice
· Crowthorne FoodBank
· Frimley Park Hospital – (Tablets for COVID Patient Support)
· Kerith FoodBank
· Mid-Hants Railway (Watercress Line)
· Our Lady of Nazareth Primary School in Nairobi
· Pilgrim Hearts
· Rotary Foundation UK – Polio Plus
· Royal Berkshire Hospital – (Tablets for COVID Patient Support)
· Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal
· Salvation Army (Wokingham)
· Sebastian’s Action Trust– Emergency Packages
· Tashan Daniel Campaign – (Knife Crime)
· Thames Hospice – Rotary District 1090 Appeal
more The Rotary Club of Crowthorne and Sandhurst works with local branches of National Charities to support local needs.
more Donations presented to me2, About Face and Boxing Club
more Richard cheque handover