ROTARY - People of Action
please scroll down for details
The Rotary Club of Haslemere
Scarecrow Competition 2022
Promoted and Organised by The Rotary Club of Haslemere
in conjunction with Pact Coffee
We are pleased to announce our second annual Scarecrow Competition. This year it coincides with HM The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations and therefore the theme is Royalty. Organisers are offering two entry types for the same competition, one for schools and one for families. We have contacted all the schools directly, so this information is aimed at those who want to enter the family competition.
All proceeds will go to local Rotary charities.
To select and purchase your Tickets, Click Here
To view photos of the 2021 competition, Click Here
To view a film of the 2021 competition, Click Here.
2021 Family Winner 2021 School winner
What to do
We would like you to create a fun scarecrow based on a Royal theme and designed to make people smile. Then place him/her in front of your house from 30th May as part of Haslemere's Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
Judging will take place on Lion Green on Saturday 4th June at 3:00pm and we would ask you to bring your scarecrow for display on Lion Green by 2:00pm at the latest.
Please take JPEG format pictures of your creation on your phone and email ONE photo to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible but before 30th May. Include the name of your creation, your family name and address and your best contact details.
Prizes donated by Pact Coffee will be awarded for the most innovative and fun scarecrows placed first, second and third.
Photos will be loaded onto the Rotary Club of Haslemere website and the organisers request that children are not included in the pictures.
Your family name will not be posted in any descriptions and your details will not be passed on to any third party. All personal details held by the organisers will only be stored for the duration of the competition and will be deleted after the event end date.
Scarecrow Competition Terms & Conditions
The Promoter is: The Rotary Club of Haslemere.
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except anyone connected with the Rotary Club of Haslemere or the judging of the competition.
There is a donation fee of £6 to enter this competition.
Only one entry will be accepted per household. Multiple entries from the same household will be disqualified.
Closing date for entry will be May 20th . After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The prize is as follows: To be advised and is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- The winner will be chosen: from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and a panel of judges.
- The winner will be notified by email or phone call within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Your family name will not be posted in any descriptions and your details will not be passed on to any third party. All personal details held by the organisers will only be stored for the duration of the competition and will be deleted after the event end date.
- The winner’s name will be available 21 days after the closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- This promotionis in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,Facebook,Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Rotary Club of Haslemere only.
- Entry into this competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.