Rotary Club of Keighley Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice Rotary Club of Keighley
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation and the current Data Protection Act (the “GDPR”).
The Rotary Club of Keighley (“the Club”) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
The Club complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
· To enable us to run events and activities;
· To administer membership records;
· To fundraise for charitable purposes;
· To manage our volunteers;
· To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
· To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by the Club. or by others which we think may interest you
· Your explicit consent to us using your personal data for the purposes above.
· Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations;
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Club in order to carry out the purposes above. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
We keep data until we believe you no longer wish to be involved with the purposes above or you tell us you no longer want us to hold it. Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Club holds about you;
· The right to request that the Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Club to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
· The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable).
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable).
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotary Club of Keighley (Registered charity number 514420)
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.