Rotary Young Chef
A Cooking Competition for young people aged 11 to 17
Cooking is a valuable life skill and an interest to many, it is important to encourage and develop creativity in young people and this includes creativity in the kitchen.
The competition is open to all students who are in full time education and between the ages of 11 and 17 on 31st August 2020. Those in part-time (day release) education, or in regular part time employment in the catering trade are not eligible to take part.
Contestants are challenged to prepare and present a healthy three-course meal for 2 people within a pre-set budget and time limit, which is judged by an expert panel.
The competition is held to encourage young people to:
- Develop cookery skills & learn how to cook a healthy meal
- Develop food presentation skills
- Consider food hygiene issues
- Develop organisational and planning skills
- Prove their ability to cope in a demanding situation
- Benefit from the impartial feedback and assessment of performance by experienced adjudicators
The Four Stages of this Competition:
- Local Heats – To be arranged by Rotary clubs
- Regional Finals
- National Final
For more information, please email email@example.com